Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
from kotaku.com:

QUOTE said:
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, a series of episodic games for WiiWare, is coming to the Wii this June, Telltale Games announced today. The game will be released as a five-episode season, coming out on a monthly schedule. Release dates and pricing are expected closer to June.

"Homestarrunner.com is one of the biggest success stories in online entertainment," says Telltale CEO Dan Connors. "The Chapmans have been treating the Internet to episodic content for years. We're thrilled to have teamed up with them to take episodic gaming to the next level via Nintendo's innovative WiiWare delivery system."

The games will allow players to take control of Strong Bad in extended cartoons and features the cast of characters and cartoons from the popular website. All of the games will be voice acted by Matt Chapman and the rest of the original cast

source: http://kotaku.com/378199/episodic-strong-b...ming-to-wiiware

Fuck yeah! Strong bad on an adventure game by Telltale! I'm really excited about this!
biggrin.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Whoa! I could not be more happy about this! I'm a huge StrongBad fan, and this could not have come at a better time, as recently I've been head-over-heals for Telltale's episodic Sam & Max series of games.
happy.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
IGN posted some images
biggrin.gif

strong-bads-cool-game-for-attractive-people-episode-1-20080410034703960_640w.jpg

strong-bads-cool-game-for-attractive-people-episode-1-20080410034706335_640w.jpg

strong-bads-cool-game-for-attractive-people-episode-1-20080410034708397_640w.jpg

strong-bads-cool-game-for-attractive-people-episode-1-20080410034710116_640w.jpg

strong-bads-cool-game-for-attractive-people-episode-1-20080410034711897_640w.jpg

strong-bads-cool-game-for-attractive-people-episode-1-20080410034713678_640w.jpg

wub.gif

edit:

And more details.. also from IGN:

QUOTE said:
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People will be released in five hopefully-monthly episodic installments on the Wii. The adventures will feature point-and-click gameplay with tons of inside jokes and hidden easter eggs, a staple of the Homestarrunner.com experience. Matt and Mike Chapman are on the collaborative ticket, working closely with Telltale Games to get the humor and visual experience just right...including supplying their voices for their respective characters.

Details are slim at this point -- pricing and official release dates have not been revealed. One feature did make the announcement: Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People will feature WiiConnect 24 support.

AND THERE'S A TRAILER ON HR.COM! http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbcg4ap.html

I just had an orgasm..

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Funny how games like this and Sam and Max are coming out to Wiiware instead of Live or PSN. I wonder what's the reason?

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Harsky said:
Funny how games like this and Sam and Max are coming out to Wiiware instead of Live or PSN. I wonder what's the reason?

They're point click adventure games.. the Wii control scheme fits perfectly with this kind of game!

And Sam & Max is not coming to Wiiware, it will be sold on a disc with the complete first season.
wink2.gif

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Gameplay at the Nintendo Media Summit:

QUOTE said:
The demo began with Strong Bad waking up on his couch, after dreaming of Super Punch Out!!, a quick musical number and a hasty interaction with his portly brother, Strong Sad. After hassling his housemates, Strong Bad heads downstairs to chat with a despondent Homestar.

We're introduced quickly to Strong Bad's motivation. Homestar has been caught for indecency and Strong Bad is either tasked with cheering him up or making reparations for Homestar's pantslessness.

Interaction with characters uses a simple pop up talk bubble, with a minimal HUD that can be interacted with via Wii Remote pointer or the plus, minus and B buttons on the remote. Players will check the game map, use game tools and access other menus this way.

In the house kitchen, Strong Bad picks up a cell phone adding it to his inventory, giving him the ability to make prank phone calls. Strong Bad then heads outside to make a call to Marzipan and dig up a hidden Teen Girl Squad comic.

Heading upstairs, Strong Bad sits down in front of a television and Videlectrix console to play Snake Boxer 5, a simplistic top-down boxing game in the vein of Atari 2600 Boxing, but with snakes.

The demo ended there, but it certainly nailed all the right Strong Bad points. It was funny—genuinely funny, not typical video game writing funny—featured many of the series' beloved characters and looked very polished visually. The Telltale Games point & click adventure pedigree should do right by the IP and looks to please the rabid Strong Bad fanbase.

source: http://kotaku.com/378793/telltale-games-de...ple-for-wiiware

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little worried by the WiiWare size limit of like, what is it, 43 MBs or something like that? I mean, Sam and Max: Season 1 is almost 700 MBs for 6 episodes. I think the voice work is going to be very limited and not have everything voiced like in Sam and Max.

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
jumpman17 said:
I'm a little worried by the WiiWare size limit of like, what is it, 43 MBs or something like that? I mean, Sam and Max: Season 1 is almost 700 MBs for 6 episodes. I think the voice work is going to be very limited and not have everything voiced like in Sam and Max.

Nintendo said some time ago that there was no size limit for WiiWare games, they were recommending the developers to don't make anything bigger than 40mb.. but there was no limit. Still, the Wii has only 512mb of space, I'm worried about the size of this game :/

QUOTE(michaelf @ Apr 11 2008, 03:16 PM) I can think of two things wrong with that title.

You never went to homestarrunner.com did you?
tongue.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
Microsoft said that Live Arcade titles would be limited in size, but that has since been removed.

Size limitations could simply be an way of testing how the servers handle the workload.

That was just for Capcom's Street Fighter HD and Bionic Commando as far as I know.

Also, Nintendo is going to have to release some kind of harddrive or something after WiiWare launches. In a few months, everyone's drives will be full.

Also, I just noticed this game is also coming to the PC as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...