Stripped Tiny Black Screws on Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Sorlin, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Sorlin
    OP

Sorlin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2011
    United States
    I recently purchased a WODE that came with two free screwdrivers to open the Wii. The problem is while I was able to get one screw out, the other two are completely stripped. Is there a tool that I can get that can get such tiny screws out?

2. Kittymat

Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2008
    UK
    Only if you are careful - its a drill, drill the heads almost through, and pull the cover off, with pliers or grips remove the rest of the screw when the wii is apart

3. obito

obito I can have a title?! :O

Jan 21, 2010
    New Zealand
    frustrating, right? happened to me and my psp. you're going to have to drill them out, or like try using superglue. or you can put a rubber band in between the screw and screwdriver and hopefully get enough torque

I learned from my mistakes.. now i use a drill to take out tight screws instead of trying hard to get them out with a hand screwdriver and ending up stripping the screws

4. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    Another thing thats worth trying is using a bigger screwdriver or similar.

The best "screwdriver" I have for these kind of situations is a scissor [​IMG] Never failed me!
    You just need to apply quite a lot of pressure (but not too much so you break the wii, obviously).

Also, the screws are quite weak, so its fairly easy to make new strips, enough to get a normal flat-head screwdriver in.

... Or you could drill them if you prefer of course.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice