Stripped Tiny Black Screws on Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Sorlin, Sep 21, 2011.

Sep 21, 2011
  1. Sorlin
    OP

Newcomer Sorlin Advanced Member

United States
    I recently purchased a WODE that came with two free screwdrivers to open the Wii. The problem is while I was able to get one screw out, the other two are completely stripped. Is there a tool that I can get that can get such tiny screws out?

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Only if you are careful - its a drill, drill the heads almost through, and pull the cover off, with pliers or grips remove the rest of the screw when the wii is apart

3. obito

Member obito I can have a title?! :O

New Zealand
    frustrating, right? happened to me and my psp. you're going to have to drill them out, or like try using superglue. or you can put a rubber band in between the screw and screwdriver and hopefully get enough torque

I learned from my mistakes.. now i use a drill to take out tight screws instead of trying hard to get them out with a hand screwdriver and ending up stripping the screws

4. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Another thing thats worth trying is using a bigger screwdriver or similar.

The best "screwdriver" I have for these kind of situations is a scissor [​IMG] Never failed me!
    You just need to apply quite a lot of pressure (but not too much so you break the wii, obviously).

Also, the screws are quite weak, so its fairly easy to make new strips, enough to get a normal flat-head screwdriver in.

... Or you could drill them if you prefer of course.