Hacking Strikers update problem with NTSC-U

Tomobobo

Champion.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed a WiiFree on a buddies Wii. Everything went fine, all the backups I tested worked perfectly as expected (this is my 13th Wii to mod). But when I tried to update his 2.2U console using the Mario Strikers Charged Football PAL release, it wouldn't finish updating. It would get to 99% and then stop, forcing us to unplug the console to get any use out of it again.

I tried 3 copies of the game on 3 types of media (+ - and different brands), one of which updated my console without issue. Does anyone have any information to shed some light on our sad situation? Perhaps Nintendo has done something to it's newer revisions of Wiis to prevent bricking the console by updating with a separate region game?

ZeeMox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Nintendo's changed anything, as some people have still managed to brick their Wii's just fine with this release. You've tried different releases and different media, but have you tried a different burner?

rochefort

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try using a lower version of WiiFree, like 2.41 (that's what I use). I've heard reports of disc updates not completing with WiiFree 2.45.

cobZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it could have something to do with this being your 13th to mod.... im very supersticious
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Because he knows what he did