azerty1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i thought doing a visual novel would be cool and i thought i would get to learn about compression and stuff. i didn't. the method to actually find and extract the text was actually 5 logical lines long. and three of them were just writing stuff to file...
if anyone wants to pick this up, there isn't THAT much text, some 400 kbs of actual text...
to work it, unpack the rom, put the .exe into NDS_UNPACK/data
or just take out all the .scd files and throw them all into the same folder.
if anyone wants to pick this up, pm me and i'll add the insert function.
the rom itself is really really simple, from a haphazard glance. all the graphics are in the .bin files and everything is labelled with nice descriptive file names. I haven't tried testing anything yet since my computer's to slow to run a 256 Mb game on the no%, so i don't know about the font, but I do know that there are two files called "fontbase12.bin" and "fontbase14.bin", so I guess it shouldn't be hard to change it if need be. I'd actually recommend this game for beginners. You won't have to spend too much time looking for...anything, really...
edit: nvm. the font is actually really pretty, as you can probably tell from the screenshot below, so you probably won't need to worry about that. i do not know about battle graphics or menus or stuff since i haven't actually played the game yet, but the files themselves look fairly simple.

here's the extractor:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ek1zaggzmzt
edit: just realized that i made a really stupid mistake in the inserter. i will fix it and reupload it sometime soon...

here's a spreadsheet:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap...RDSFE&hl=en

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Just say its about lolis with jets shooting aliens (and provide screenshot of the pants-less girls
rolleyes.gif
) and you are guaranteed for someone to hop on this
smileipb2.png

azerty1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pitman said:
Just say its about lolis with jets shooting aliens (and provide screenshot of the pants-less girls
rolleyes.gif
smileipb2.png
i actually have no clue what the game is other than the fact that it's a visual novel combined with strategy, which sounded mildly interesting to me...apparently it's based off of an anime, or something...there is a manga for it, i noticed, but whatever.
i'll probably write the inserter anyway, since the last inserter i made was for zoids which was a class full of fail...i'll post it when i'm done...

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this just an inserter; so that someone who speaks Japanese can translate it and use this to replace the game text...?

If so, kewl - who is up for it?

azerty1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XWolf said:
Is this just an inserter; so that someone who speaks Japanese can translate it and use this to replace the game text...?

If so, kewl - who is up for it?

it has an extractor too. When you extract the files, you'll get a bunch of .txt with this format:

Length=
blahblahblahblahblahblahthisisalltextandwhateverblahblahblahblah
and etc.

do not change anything except for the text. and don't press 'enter', as in don't go down a line or anything. only edit the text.
the inserter takes all the .txt files and plugs them back into the .scd files, so you'll have to make sure that the .txt files have the same names as the .scd files and all that stuffs...
it's not a pretty gui like darthnemesis' stuff, since i'm a tad lazy, but it works. the instructions on the console itself are very clear, so you shouldn't really be capable of messing anything up.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
rolleyes.gif
smileipb2.png

so are we guaranteed that translation like you say pitman?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I'd be all over it if it was an original IP. Never liked games based on anime, or anime based on manga, etc

azerty1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oh, darn...seems there's a larger problem than i thought...there's nothing wrong with my inserter, from what i can see, it replaces text perfectly and changes all the linelengths like it's supposed to, but for some reason, when i run it in the emulator, the scenes that are edited are skipped entirely...does anyone know if there's some common scene initialization routine that gets screwed up when bytes are moved around?

Zeninari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, darn...seems there's a larger problem than i thought...there's nothing wrong with my inserter, from what i can see, it replaces text perfectly and changes all the linelengths like it's supposed to, but for some reason, when i run it in the emulator, the scenes that are edited are skipped entirely...does anyone know if there's some common scene initialization routine that gets screwed up when bytes are moved around?

your going to find this very intresting but i was looking into doing a rough translation using a translator tool and see how far i could get for fun, and i also noticed this. im not sure how to fix this but i will see about getting a rough translation as well i want to roughly translate myself what it says for others, based on intuition since someone that is japanse didnt want to help. it was nov 2009 when you made this post . . . i know its not my place to ever ask but im bored and wanted a fun project to work on.

now heres a question, did you ever try to make a repacker that keeps the original structure of the output file intact?

for reference the one i tried to modify looks like this:
Length=13
1939年。 <--- i tried to modify just this one date to 1939 (english characters)
Length=49
それは、何の前触れもなく我々、人類の前に現れた。

is there a reason the repacker repacks it in a different format? i tried to repack the original file with 0 edits and it does skip. looks like this:
㐸਍敌杮桴ㄽള醼볯鎼볯뒹胣਍〸ര䰊湥瑧㵨ㄶ਍苣뺯菣Ꚃ菣ꒂ铧ꮁ럧邈臣貂臣뺲诩ꢃ髩肀胩袐믨肀곧閼볯醼뗧袐裦颗菣ර㤊㔴਍敌杮桴㘽വ낖臣ꮁ뗧钹臣貂苣놵郥Ꚉ韩ꪈꧧꎛ臣螌迦颮胥鲣臣鞁臣꺁ꃧ꒽ꊳ雩讁苣膀਍

either way i dont care if this project is long abandoned i just want an interesting answer for a project long dead. ill still roughly translate what i can knowing what i do know from the translator and put it into a document. its never too late to make something new, even if its very old. thank you for your time azerty1 if you give me any response.

i'm also not sending a PM or DM since you were last seen in 2010. my odds of any response is almost 0 but ill still try. i dont mind talking more in DMs about this stupid idea i came up with randomly. who knows really what the future holds, but im curious so ill continue either way

tbh i might just keep all of my edited .txt files in a location thats actually easier than making a document xD we will see ig. cheers to anyone who reads this, and feel free to ask me a question if you have one. for now ill translate what i can even if i get 0 response. left an extra attachment gift of something i did for fun. its a rendition of the closest i could make of the photo that appears in the opening cenimatic on the bottom screen. enjoy ig.
Post automatically merged:

also sorry if i bothered anyone, just wanted to say my (final probably) piece on this probably forgotten game. stay safe everyone

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-13 091424(2).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-13 091424(2).png
    510.9 KB · Views: 8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: