STRIDER reboot releasing FEB 18th USA - 19th EU

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Feb 5, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    gaming-strider.jpg

:arrow:Source

2. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Not only PS3 and PS4, on almost all platforms its coming on the same day.

Feb 18th PS3/PS4 in USA and Feb 19th 360/Bone/PC while Europe will get all versions on 19 Feb.

3. Solid One

Solid One Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Nice!

What about the PC version? Will it be released on the same day?

4. zeello

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    NO LOVE for handhelds

5. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    To be released on dead consoles but no on Wii U. Again I assume they have no faith in their product, millions of Wii U users out there you know?

Oh well, at least I'll be able to enjoy it on my PC. Freaking love the Strider series, Arcade, PSX, and NES alike!

6. Ergo

Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    United States
    I am dreading this...

7. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Now having watched the video... I remember seeing this before a few months back, at least parts of it.
    I dunno, I'm rather intrigued. From the looks of it, they ditched the hand drawn art in favour of polygons. I LOVE hand drawn art, but then again, the polygons didn't make Stride 2 (PSX Strider 2 that is) any less of a game. The game play was still in tact and from the looks of this one, the game play is again intact, though...

...the opening level has been altered to allow room for some of the NES incarnation's RPG/Adventure elements which I'm actually excited about. I really don't think this is going to turn into another Burger Time World, I have hopes for it, though again would love to see it on the Wii U or at the very least the 3DS.

8. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Anyone else think this might use the Shadow Complex game engine?

Looks like a sweet update to an old classic! Can't wait!

9. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    PS3, X360, And for the wii u right....................................................................................................................................................... PS4, XBO & PC

And for the wii u right....................

10. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Is it just me or does the game look insanely boring ?

11. Ergo

Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    United States

I'm ambivalent* about the art style, but the two 'real' Strider games--and, to a lesser extent, NES game--are some of my favorites, ever, and I dread Double Helix having anything to do with it--I pray this is misplaced dread, but I fear the worst!

*I'd prefer a brighter, more Strider 2-esque, look, but that is way down my list of concerns in this case.

12. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Nope, the Vita is suffering too :(

13. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Your not the only one. After watching the video, I also thought the game looked boring and would be a waste of money.

14. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I watched the trailer and it seems like something I would play. Probably will wait until it's on a 75% steam sale or something but chances are I'll pick it up eventually. Never heard of Strider before though.

15. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Awesome! I'm lovin' it, finally they're digging up their oldest and greatest. :D

As for "Wii U" and "PSVita" versions, I'm sure that where there's a market, there's a way - if the game sells, we'll see releases on other platforms. Keep Capcom's recent financial problems in mind and it becomes clearer why they're playing it safe. ;)

16. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Hey, give Capcom some credit. They're taking all their money troubles in strider.

17. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    The original Strider was one of my fave arcade games from the early 90s. Thought the Megadrive port at the time was really well done. Strider 2 though was dog shit. Some games you should just release once, and leave them there as classics. Strider is one of them.

18. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    interested indeed. loved the classic arcade game, hoping for the best... video does look a 'lil less then a nice remake.

19. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    I was so excited I was about to shit my pants...until I actually saw the gameplay and realized it's not a remake of the NES classic...but a reboot.....plus the gameplay looked kinda boring actually??

I can definitely tell with the quick gathering of powerups in that video, its a demo that wants to impress.

20. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i'd say, apart from random new upgrades, this is just the original strider in contemporary graphics? and yes, it does look bland and boring, pretty much like most wiiware games.