Homebrew Streets of Rage Remake question?

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the game on my pc, and noticed in the manual it says you can play it via homebrew channel on the Wii as long as you have 420mb of free space on your sd card. How exactly do I make it work with the homebrew channel? I don't see any file types I recognize.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think they planned to port it to the wii after they did a linux version...no idea honestly

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Do you have a link for the version you have? Not heard of this but I am interested
smile.gif

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
ENDING
In the coming weeks the blog will be updated with the release ports (Linux, Wiz) and the official SORR V5 soundtrack in mp3 format.

It's possible that we'll see a Wii version soon.

Pikawil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
bazamuffin said:
Yet the fanmade Sonic remakes are allowed to continue?
Trust me, considering how sane and little the SoR fandom is, one would not want to enrage the beast of Satan that is the Sonic fandom. That'd be akin to a suicide mission.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried it on my pc and this is quality!

I hope someone does do a quick port to the wii as this would rock on my 42".
smile.gif

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, there is a wii port in the making? if so i will start playing my wii again, and get rid of my xbox360 ASAP!! WITHOUT EVEN SELLING IT, I'LL JUST THROW IT DOWN THE TRASH CAN!!!!! maybe a homeless scavenger will find it, and sell it for his good... which i'll be doing a good deed, so SOMEONE PLEASE PORT IT!!

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
i doubt there will be a wii port since this is illegal to have now you'll have sega on your ass
tongue.gif

I'd guess if it does get ported then in theory just the wii needed files (dol/elf etc) would get hosted and then you'd just need to supply the rest of the working files? ..that way nothing illegal is distributed (the same as how all emulators, scummvm etc are on the wii).

cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't suppose there's any news on this? I'm not really into the Xbox homebrew scene these days but I see they've got a port of this game now.
unsure.gif
It's effectively just a launcher to run the PC code which I don't think the Wii is able to do so I understand it ill be a more complicated process to get it up and running (Wii is a proper game console, Xbox is a PC in a box lol). But I would truly love to see this game come to the Wii in the near future.

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that the Wii port was announced long before the C&D, so it was probably being co-developed for that platform.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but with the c and d out there they would have to stop all future plans including a wii port. All you can hope is that the source code got released with it so someone else could do a port job, seeing as the xbox appears to have recieved a port there could be hope but as someone pointed out the xbox can have games ported to it very easily due to the developers kit being available

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: