'Streets of Rage 4' announced

street of rage 4.png

Teaming up with SEGA, Dotemu announced today the comeback of one of gaming's most iconic series. You read the title right! Street of Rage 4 is indeed happening! A brand-new announcement trailer was just made available:

Developed by Lizardcube (Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap), the title features hand-drawn visuals which have a cartoony aspect as you can attest from the trailer. Streets of Rage 4 is said to build upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, a fresh story and dodgy stages. Additionally, players can choose to go solo or team up with a buddy to clean up the streets in this brand-new installment.

There has been no mention of a release window or the platforms on which the title will launch on but expect news to follow shortly as this is just the first announcement.

An official website has also been released to keep up to date with the game's news but is noted to be down at the time of writing. Alternatively, you can check out the official Facebook page.

UPDATE:

The official website is now live right here.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Last edited by Prans,

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad Sega's finally using the IP since they shit all over SORR.
Seems the norm these days, wait for a revival project, steal ideas from it, send a C+D then push a sequel.

Last edited by Mark McDonut,
Reactions: DarthDub

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno how i feel about what seem like a indie company specialize in retro game ports making sequels to the said games. Dotemu sequel to Wind Jammers and Streets of Rage? As if the companies themself didn't have any good reason to not be doing it themself long time ago. :wtf:

Wait, it's developed by lizardcube, so since they made Wonderboy dragon trap remaster, then I can be a bit comfortable. :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: cvskid
D

Deleted User

I wholeheartedly approve of this; SEGA needs to give it's other franchises from the 90s some love.

Also, I hope they've gotten Yuzo Koshiro on-board to compose for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Yes.