Gaming Streetpass success stories!

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I am new to this whole street pass thing, when I go outside with the 3ds, besides having the wifi on, do I have to do anything else? Yesterday I went for a nice long walk around my neighborhood, all that happened is that I collected 10 coins which I guess is a good thing, but didnt get any new Mii's..I guess I live in a dull neighborhood LOL gotta spread out more and get in a more populated area to get more people

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Lakerfanalways said:
Since I am new to this whole street pass thing, when I go outside with the 3ds, besides having the wifi on, do I have to do anything else? Yesterday I went for a nice long walk around my neighborhood, all that happened is that I collected 10 coins which I guess is a good thing, but didnt get any new Mii's..I guess I live in a dull neighborhood LOL gotta spread out more and get in a more populated area to get more people

Your best bet is busy public transport interchanges like major train stations/airports, and games shops. Game shops have lots of gamers going in them (obviously), game nerd staff who probably have their own 3DS with them and usually a store display unit for people to play around with to demo the 3D effect, which the staff will often have set up with streetpass.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Lakerfanalways said:

Your best bet is busy public transport interchanges like major train stations/airports, and games shops. Game shops have lots of gamers going in them (obviously), game nerd staff who probably have their own 3DS with them and usually a store display unit for people to play around with to demo the 3D effect, which the staff will often have set up with streetpass.

Ok great! So all I have to do is keep the 3ds on sleep mode(And have wifi on of course) and if someone has theirs on I can exchange Mii's with them? What is the deal with the coins? So far I have 10 of them after going for a walk yesterday, does that give me anything?

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you activated StreetPass, yes that's all you have to do.
Coins are used in games to unlock stuff. There's the built in Find Mii game in Mii Plaza where you can spend 2 coins to hire 1 adventurer cat/dog, and the puzzles where you can spend 2 coins to get 1 random puzzle tile. And there's real cartridge games that make use of coins too. In Samurai Warriors Chronicles you can exchange coins for ingame money, for example.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Lakerfanalways said:
Ok great! So all I have to do is keep the 3ds on sleep mode(And have wifi on of course) and if someone has theirs on I can exchange Mii's with them?

Yeah, you need to activate streetpass in the Mii plaza (or whatever software you want to use streetpass with) first though.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Ok great! So all I have to do is keep the 3ds on sleep mode(And have wifi on of course) and if someone has theirs on I can exchange Mii's with them?

Yeah, you need to activate streetpass in the Mii plaza (or whatever software you want to use streetpass with) first though.

Yeah I went into StreetPlaza and everything is checked..but I always press "Home" to close the program, even though its closed I can still get new Mii's from people when I am outside in a populated area right? and of course keep the wifi on? I also have Nintendogs which I also activated to have accept mii's from people, I just dont know when I am not playing the game can the actual game be off but it will still accept people?

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As long as the wifi switch is on and the 3DS is in standby it's ready for StreetPass for all games it's activated for, no matter if you're in the main menu or even some completely unrelated game that doesn't support StreetPass.
The only exception is that when you're running regular DS games StreetPass won't work so you'd have to save and close them when you want to use StreetPass

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does the 3ds have to be on sleep mode for it to work. If so, then that would explain why i didnt tag this guy 10-15 feet in front of me. either that or he's playing ds game or the streetpass range is very small.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I got 4 people at community college
biggrin.gif

Sounds nice but I did pick it up on launch and carry it with me everywhere >_>
I have a grand total of 5.

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
phantastic91 said:
does the 3ds have to be on sleep mode for it to work. If so, then that would explain why i didnt tag this guy 10-15 feet in front of me. either that or he's playing ds game or the streetpass range is very small.
I believe so. When my 3DS is open the network status on the top left of the touchscreen says internet, but when i open it from standby it says streetpass for a second or two before changing to internet again.
But maybe he simply hadn't set up his 3DS for StreetPass or had his wireless switch off, I don't know.

On another note, I've carried around my 3DS for hours today for some coins and possibility of StreetPass just to come home and notice it was turned off >.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I work at a grocery store and I keep my 3DS in my pocket in the morning for foot step count. Then I at the end of the day when there is A LOT of people I put in back in my pocket for an hour. I get multiple tag, the castle quest is almost done, 8 room complete.

Pip'

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few questions guys.

1) If you want to get street-pass for ppl to be in your mii plaza, does ur 3ds have to be in sleep mode and closed? Or just closed and not in sleep mode?
2) Does WiFi have to be on?
3) If u want to get a in-game battle like SSF4, does he game have to be on and paused?

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
haddad said:
I have a few questions guys.

1) If you want to get street-pass for ppl to be in your mii plaza, does ur 3ds have to be in sleep mode and closed? Or just closed and not in sleep mode?
2) Does WiFi have to be on?
3) If u want to get a in-game battle like SSF4, does he game have to be on and paused?

1.I f you close the 3ds it is in sleep mode.
2.You have to have te connection button on the right side on.
3.You have to set up yur team in ssf4 and activate the streetpass function in game than just close the 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool