Gaming StreetPass not playing nice between 2 3DS XLs

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
At the beginning of the month, I bought my 2 daughters a 3DS XL each (I already had mine). We've been StreetPassing 2-3 times per day and the girls have been trying to collect all my puzzle pieces, working together to make sure they don't take the same piece from me so they can collect them faster.

Since yesterday, their 3DS consoles stopped communicating with each other. They both communicate with mine fine, and they're able to local play wireless games together, it's just StreetPass that isn't working (not even for games). Today, I checked them both and one of the Miis is missing from the other 3DS's plaza. I asked my little girl if she'd erased it and she said no, but she probably did it without realising. Does anyone how I can fix it so they start communicating properly again?

I've looked all over the Nintendo website with no luck, and I've tried changing the Mii characters used for StreetPass. It's like one 3DS has blacklisted the other or something.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
At the beginning of the month, I bought my 2 daughters a 3DS XL each (I already had mine). We've been StreetPassing 2-3 times per day and the girls have been trying to collect all my puzzle pieces, working together to make sure they don't take the same piece from me so they can collect them faster.

Since yesterday, their 3DS consoles stopped communicating with each other. They both communicate with mine fine, and they're able to local play wireless games together, it's just StreetPass that isn't working (not even for games). Today, I checked them both and one of the Miis is missing from the other 3DS's plaza. I asked my little girl if she'd erased it and she said no, but she probably did it without realising. Does anyone how I can fix it so they start communicating properly again?

I've looked all over the Nintendo website with no luck, and I've tried changing the Mii characters used for StreetPass. It's like one 3DS has blacklisted the other or something.
Go to Streetpass settings (in game) and turn Streetpass off then back on for both units. Then turn spotpass back on as this is turned off automatically when streetpass is turned off.

Should work again after this. Also keep in mind that if either system is connected to the internet, they will prioritize downloading stuff over spotpass before they will streetpass.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to Streetpass settings (in game) and turn Streetpass off then back on for both units. Then turn spotpass back on as this is turned off automatically when streetpass is turned off.

Should work again after this. Also keep in mind that if either system is connected to the internet, they will prioritize downloading stuff over spotpass before they will streetpass.

I've tried this, but nothing's worked yet. I guess I'll leave it a few hours and see if it fixes itself, for now.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say try shutting off the system and restarting. Also, were any of the involved units time-traveling for extra play coins? That will disable streetpass for 24 hours, I believe.

8 systems in my house, and they hit each other every 8-12 hours. whole thing goes pear shaped if you mess with the clocks, even for daylight savings time.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say try shutting off the system and restarting. Also, were any of the involved units time-traveling for extra play coins? That will disable streetpass for 24 hours, I believe.

8 systems in my house, and they hit each other every 8-12 hours. whole thing goes pear shaped if you mess with the clocks, even for daylight savings time.
Nope, nothing like that. I've been playing properly since the girls got their 3DSes, not touched the clock at all.

What's weird is one of those 3DSes has stopped streetpassing my 3DS now too. Her Mii is still in my plaza, though, unlike the other 3DS where she disappeared. I've deleted our Mii's from her plaza to see if the problem corrects itself. I've never done it before, but it asked if I wanted to add her to the block list. Of course, I chose "Don't add", but is there another way they could have ended up on the block list?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have they been time traveling? You said you haven't, but have they?

If you haven't done much eshop purchases on them, or have no digital games, I'd do a factory restore and see if that fixes the problem.

Otherwise, I'm leaning towards one of them accidentally blacklisted the other. I don't even know if you can un-blacklist someone without a factory restore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho @AncientBoi's favorite +1