StreetPass Mii Plaza showing people's regions in Japanese on an English, EUR N3DS?!

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by jsa, Nov 30, 2015.

1. jsa
    OP

jsa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Devon, UK
    Hey GBAtemp,
    I launched StreetPass Mii Plaza with HANS a while ago as JPN region and it just moaned about not finding update data, so I quit out and rebooted the system. However, in StreetPass Mii Plaza (w/o HANS) it then shows everyone's regions in Japanese (not as "Japan", it shows them in Kanji), whereas everything else is in English. I check the language settings and sure enough they are set to English. I switch them to French and the region names show up in French, but when I switch back to English they are back to Kanji. I checked the region settings, just in case, and they were set to "Japan", so I set them back to "United Kingdom, England" and find no difference.

I've contacted Nintendo UK support but they haven't yet responded beyond asking for my serial number etc. (Of course I didn't mention HANS!)

Any ideas?

2. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Have you tried launching Mii Plaza through HANS under the EUR region and English language setting, then rebooting and opening without HANS?

3. jsa
    OP

jsa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Devon, UK
    @NekoMichi worked like a dream! Just sent a reply to Nintendo's

NekoMichi likes this.