StreetPass 2: Rise from the Ashes

This is a work in progress

If you were disheartened to hear of the demise of HomePass, then know that there is an alternative now. It is not elegant by any means, but you can share your StreetPass file; that is, every StreetPass you've accumulated but haven't used are stored in a single file. Copy that file and you can keep using the same SPs over and over or use someone else's collection. Instructions, links, and other info are HERE.

To summarize what's in that Google Sheet, your CECD is the file that contains your unused SPs. It is located at `ctrnand/data/ID0/sysdata/00010026/00000000`. I posted some information in my other guide (ctrl-F for "streetpass") and on GBATemp.

The instructions for using a downloaded CECD are pretty simple:

1. Open GodMode9.
1. Copy the desired CECD over your existing one (rename to 00000000 if it isn't already).
1. Immediately select the file and opt to "Calculate CMAC". Fix the file if it asks.
1. Boot up and use the SPs as you desire.

Feel free to add your own info (in keeping with the existing format). Region shouldn't matter, but there's a column in the sheet for including the source console's region anyway. If you're looking for a particular game's SP, just sort by that game and select the CECD files that contain at least one SP.

The more people we get to contribute their files, then the more useful this post will be to everyone. All you have to do to help is upload your CECD and type into the sheet what unused StreetPasses you have and how many transmissions you got. Thanks!

This was also posted over in 3dshacks. If you comment, I check that more regularly.

Credits:

u/bungiefan_AK - For motivating me to create this template and for aiding in its upkeep.

Wakemiiup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have golden pants mii's (for streetpass mii plaza) they are hacked mii's, so it is not a spotpass file. I will explain, I used my cousins 2DS to change her streetpass mii to hacked ones with gold pant's. After my 3DS got a streetpass from my cousins 2DS, I would use Clear Mac Filter to skip the streetpass cool down, change her mii and repeat until I had 10 lime shirt mii's with gold pant's. I have the file and I also did another batch but with red shirt's and I also have that file. I don't think I can post the link to the file's yet because my rank is to low.

Eoncats75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit, this is neat! It won’t be long now until someone shares a Pandanoko SP file for the Yo-kai Watch games. Fingers crossed!

Zeninari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So Question These Files Won't Work With The Plaza? I Am Trying To Collect As Many Mii's As I Can Official And Rise From Ashes Files :)

I Was Wondering Because I Noted The File Was Named 00000000 Something. So I'm Not Sure Whether They Work Based On The Previous Comment:
I actually have golden pants mii's (for streetpass mii plaza) they are hacked mii's, so it is not a spotpass file. I will explain, I used my cousins 2DS to change her streetpass mii to hacked ones with gold pant's.

You Explained The Are Not "A Spotpass File" So Is It A Streetpass File? I Really Can't Tell Anymore. I Am Trying Not To Brick My New Nintendo 2ds LL xD

Edit: Basically I'm Trying To Figure Out If I Do The Method Of Copying The 00000000 File To The Streetpass Folder Will Work And Not Brick The System? Sorry If I Was Unclear. (not gonna lie I had no idea you could spoof miis to have gold pants)

Also, Does Anyone Know If It's Possible To Gain Special Mii's Anymore? I'm Wondering Because Of Those 2 Achievements, Pass A Special Mii Once, And 5 Times. (it be a pain knowing I can't 100% the plaza)

Last edited by Zeninari,

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is ongoing still it seems? Where we at progress wise with this? Also the streepass riilay is long gone right? Also, this is primarily for unlocking mii clothes and stuff, how did this work when people could pass eachother in street?

Zeninari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is ongoing still it seems? Where we at progress wise with this? Also the streepass riilay is long gone right? Also, this is primarily for unlocking mii clothes and stuff, how did this work when people could pass eachother in street?

StreetPass Still Works, Rise From Ashes Is A Project That Is Still On-Going That Helps People Streetpass With Others Without Leaving Home, Etc. It Was Mainly Supposed To Be Used For People Who Can't Streetpass, As They May Be In A Remote Location For Example. There Are Probably Some Other Reasons, And If I'm Wrong Someone Please Correct Me; I Will Not Be Offended.

Basically Don't Quote Me On This, But Yes, Rise From Ashes Is Still On Going, And Streetpass Still Works. What Doesn't Work Anymore Is:

- Spotpass(nintendo discontinued what made spotpass work a long time ago)
- Homepass(a way to trick the 3ds into thinking you connected to an official nintendo spotpass device)

Once Again If I'm Wrong Feel Free To Correct Me, As I Am Just Relaying What I Remember. :)

Reactions: Modular511

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StreetPass Still Works, Rise From Ashes Is A Project That Is Still On-Going That Helps People Streetpass With Others Without Leaving Home, Etc. It Was Mainly Supposed To Be Used For People Who Can't Streetpass, As They May Be In A Remote Location For Example. There Are Probably Some Other Reasons, And If I'm Wrong Someone Please Correct Me; I Will Not Be Offended.

Basically Don't Quote Me On This, But Yes, Rise From Ashes Is Still On Going, And Streetpass Still Works. What Doesn't Work Anymore Is:

- Spotpass(nintendo discontinued what made spotpass work a long time ago)
- Homepass(a way to trick the 3ds into thinking you connected to an official nintendo spotpass device)

Once Again If I'm Wrong Feel Free To Correct Me, As I Am Just Relaying What I Remember. :)

okay thank you! that makes it all make sense! I live kinda remote now, so i will very likely need to doo this to get normal functionality lol

Zeninari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason when I replace the existing cecd file it has no effect on my plaza for some reason does anyone know why or how to fix it?
What Was The Name Of The File?

The Reason I Ask Is Because If It Says 00000000.cecd Then That Wont Work. The File Should Be Just 0's

Also The Zero Count May Be Off From Mine, I Didn't Memorize How Many Was In The File Name.

Also I Hope You Put It In The Right Place, Because Almost Every Vital 3ds Application / Vital Data Has A 00000000 File ;-;

a-problem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked before, but after replacing my 00000000 file, I can't get any real, not-spoofed StreetPass tags. At all. Is there anything at all I can do to fix this?

GUEDES_et_al

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This has probably been asked before, but after replacing my 00000000 file, I can't get any real, not-spoofed StreetPass tags. At all. Is there anything at all I can do to fix this?
You can always delete you streetpass data on system settings and activate again in the game, and it should work.

Reactions: a-problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: