Gaming Street Pass Connection Time

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
that's assuming Streetpass doesn't give you a hitch.

I've experienced never getting tags from certain 3DS units. we even played SFIV locally (multicard) hoping to get a streetpass battle tag, but nothing. no streetpass plaza, 3DS sound, no tags. everybody else was tagging fine.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just my opinion, but streetpass is sometime buggy. I have a friend who sometime comes to my home and we watch movies and play video games. He brings his 3ds along everytime. We always do firmware update. In firmware 2.0 I could get a SP from this friend an hour after he quit, even if we already had one when he entered the door 5 hours before. He never got that. It happened atleast 5 times within 2011. We also change mii color to adapt to Find Mii Quest RPG (or something lol) but it would sometime take 2 SP to update even tho the personal message was update. It was possible to get 3 SP a day, 1 every 8 hours. In fw 2.x, my 3ds would light green from a SP but no blinking icon in the system menu bottom screen,

Now since firmware 3.x, we seem not to be able to get that many SP a day. I always wonder what would happened if 2 people in the same house have a 3DS ?? SP slot would fill up quickly. This should solve the problem I think or atleast temper it. Also, me and my friend done 130 SP togheter since launch day, but mii character in the mii plaza now always say "It's the 99 times we meet!" (my 3ds is set to french). Oh weird stuff again. My friend arrive to my house and I am playing MK7 so to greet him I put my 3ds to sleep not closing MK7.. no streetpass for atleast 1 to 4 hours. We tested that a few time within the last 3 weeks and we got the SP within 1 to 4 hours after he arrives.

Sorry for my bad english, I am weed stone.

Pip'

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, its within seconds for ONLY streetpass.

If you have swapnote Streetpass enabled, it takes AGES.

Mario Kart 7 streetpass also requires a good 10 seconds (About how long it takes people to walk past each other and get out of range). Im assuming the more streetpasses you have enabled, the longer it takes.

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, its within seconds for ONLY streetpass.

Mario Kart 7 streetpass also requires a good 10 seconds (About how long it takes people to walk past each other and get out of range). Im assuming the more streetpasses you have enabled, the longer it takes.
Intresting idea. I also noticed that streetpass swapnote takes ages. it took me 10 minutes or something.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wonder what would happened if 2 people in the same house have a 3DS ?? SP slot would fill up quickly. This should solve the problem I think or atleast temper it. Also, me and my friend done 130 SP togheter since launch day, but mii character in the mii plaza now always say "It's the 99 times we meet!" (my 3ds is set to french). Oh weird stuff again. My friend arrive to my house and I am playing MK7 so to greet him I put my 3ds to sleep not closing MK7.. no streetpass for atleast 1 to 4 hours. We tested that a few time within the last 3 weeks and we got the SP within 1 to 4 hours after he arrives.

Pip'

There are 3 3DS units in my house. Two seem to tag each other every 5 hours or so. The 3rd has been tagging the other 2 about an hour and a half later. If I'm lucky, or my insomnia hits, I get 3 complete a day. Mine also do the "99 time" thing, but the total count is much higher.

Puzzle Quest finishes quick, except for the bits that now need Streetpass hits, and sadly I rarely tag with anyone else due to town size and lack of imagination here. (People don't leave it on. They shut it completely down every time and then complain about never getting StreetPass hits).

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

This has been my experience as well.

I also have Mario 3D Land and Pokemon Rumble Blast and they also take some time.

So much so that I've spent a number of hours with someone else who has a 3DS and all of those games and didn't get a streetpass from them (while I received plenty from others).

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've encountered 1 glitch so far. I haven't had any trouble before or since this 1 instance.
A friend with the Zelda 3ds came over. Both had streetpass on. He stayed for a good 5-6 hours.
Neither of us got tagged. Another friend I have with the Zelda version tagged fine. I haven't had a chance to try again with the one that glitched yet, but that's the only problem I've ever had so far.

yab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have problems too where it would tag for Mario Kart, but not for Mii Plaza. Probably since the connection cut off early.
I removed all StreetPass stuff except Mii Plaza and it works fine again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse