Gaming Street Pass and the regions

Oceanborn712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wasn't sure where to put this but since it's also about the games I decided to post here.

What I'm wondering is if there's any known info if Street Pass works between regions. I thought I'd ask since there's been US and EU models in reviewers' hands (and some people already seem to have their preorders?)
What I'm worried about is how Street Pass finds other people's data for your games. If it compares internal names and games have different internal names in different regions (say a Japanese game's internal name is XXXXXXXJ and a US game's internal name is XXXXXXXU) that would be a problem.

So, anyone know anything? Don't want to run around with my US 3DS with Street Pass on wasting battery when there's noone to find for me in Germany.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Someone said before that it was verified by Iwata that streetpass is region free.
Meaning you can exchange information with japanese 3DS even though your 3DS is European.
You just have to be in range of one.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is definitly region free
why else would it show the flag of the country?

i dont remember where i heard this but it might have been the 19th confrence or something.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
tested this in a store

when you come near another 3ds you get a little ID card and info on the 3ds user
name
Mii
how long ago you passed
and recent games

Jap ones are displayed with the name in jap but thats it

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
What I want to know is, can you streetpass with the same person more than once, and does their mii show up again for use in the rpg the second time you pass them?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Nollog said:
What I want to know is, can you streetpass with the same person more than once, and does their mii show up again for use in the rpg the second time you pass them?

yeah it just updates the time you passed them and any new info
when you look on your spot past list you have a new notification next to the Mii holding game (Id card list)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games