Street Fighter X Tekken Confirmed

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Jul 24, 2010.

1. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    [​IMG] Street Fighter X Tekken Confirmed
    Tekken X Street Fighter aswell
    [​IMG]

During the Super Street Fighter IV panel at the San Diego Comic-Con, Capcom producer, Yoshinori Ono, pulled the curtain back on another fighting title being produced by the company in collaboration with Namco Bandai.

Actually, make that two fighting game titles. The first, titled Street Fighter X Tekken, is being built on the Street Fighter IV engine at the Capcom end, under Ono’s supervision. The other is titled Tekken X Street Fighter and is being developed by Namco by Tekken series producer, Katsuhiro Harada.

In short, the rumours were true. Both games are being developed for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.[/p]
    [​IMG] Source

Yes, that's right, there are two games. Capcom x Namco would of been better though, it would of gave a far wider character choice and just would of been better in general, but what can I say, this is still great news!

2. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    I want Street Fighter x Tekken x Soulcaliber x Marvel x DC x Dark Horse x Jump Superstars

3. The Pi

The Pi Lurker

Mar 18, 2010
    Scotland
    Is it just me or does that make no sense what so ever?

4. OmerMe

OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2007
    Iceland
  5. DarkShadow96

DarkShadow96 LA96£

Feb 9, 2009
    Canada
    MTL
    Hmm... I like the way this sounds to tell you the truth. So in Tekken x Streetfighter, that means characters will be able to juggle [​IMG]

6. OmerMe

OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2007
    Iceland
    The trailer -

7. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    I'm a bit concerned that Capcom are milking Street Fighter again like they did in the 90's. Ok there were some really good games but still.

I preferred the Capcom Vs Namco/Namco Vs Capcom idea as I never got into Tekken

8. purplesludge

purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

Mar 2, 2009
    United States
    wv
    This looks awesome.

9. XXLANCEXX

XXLANCEXX GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 13, 2009
    United States
    In my house
    Is it me or am i the only one that thinks this is gonna fail [​IMG]

10. Zarcon

Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Former Staff
    Nov 6, 2002
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    A lot of people are completely crushed it isn't Capcom VS Namco or something I'm sure.

In both SFxT and TxSF I don't think the SF characters are going to fare well/change the most.
    The Tekken characters are combo/juggle centric and will have a fairly large advantage regardless of 2D or 3D playing field.
    Unless the SF characters get changed a lot or the Tekken characters lose access to some things such as OTG hits and floaty juggles.

11. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Swaziland
    Oh my god, that's just awesome. I'm not too much into fighting games, but Tekken and Street Fighter are games of my childhood. But I wonder how will be the gameplay, since Tekken and Street Fighter's are completly different...

12. Goli

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
  13. abel009

abel009 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2008
    Mexico
    What about Capcom VS Nintendo?

14. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
  15. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I have the feeling, that SF-Fans will say, that they get ripped off for buying SFIV the third time with a roster-update in a very small time and Tekken-fans will be dissppointed for this game having nothing to do with Tekken...

But I might be wrong, if they manage to translate the Tekken-fighting-style into the 2D-SF-style... But I`m still unsure who the targeted marked for this game is, because I think the series are very different but if someone can pull off a game like this it is certainly Capcom!

16. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Street Fighter is insanely popular, they'll milk it whenever they can.

I would've wanted Capcom vs. Namco too as well. The best part about playing crossover games is seeing your favorite characters who may not usually be in a fighting game be in a fighting game. Seeing Frank West pile drive his foes through hordes of zombies in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was endless fun.

And I'm assuming Tekken x Street Fighter is using the Tekken 6 engine?

17. Assassination

Assassination 暗殺者Lv25

Mar 24, 2010
    ァル城

this is actually funny..HAAH UPPERCUTS!

18. McNA5TY

McNA5TY Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2010
    United States
    I'm glad that there are two games, one for each developer. I would love to play as Ken or Akuma on the Tekken engine.

If these titles are successful at all (which is a safe bet) I'm sure a Capcom X Namco game will follow, kind of like how X-Men: CotA evolved into Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

19. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    no you are right it WILL fail, street fighter and tekken have very different fighting, it just won't work.

20. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    I may be *sort of* looking forward to this but, am I the only one that is getting tired of seeing Ryu in every fighting game?