S

Saiyan Lusitano

Great trailer I must admit, but the victor of fighting games of this gen is Tekken 7. Yes, the game is not out yet but it'll be yet another solid Tekken game. ^_^

will be released exclusively for PC and PS4.
"Exclusive" means it's only released on one platform and it isn't. Poor use of the word "exclusive".
Ryu goes Super Saiyan... Street Fighter V: Budokai Tenkaichi Ultra?
That would be Super Saiyan God and dear Kami, let's leave the Tenkaichi games where they belong. Dead and in the past.

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great trailer I must admit, but the victor of fighting games of this gen is Tekken 7. Yes, the game is not out yet but it'll be yet another solid Tekken game. ^_^

"Exclusive" means it's only released on one platform and it isn't. Poor use of the word "exclusive".
So sick of this stupid argument it's a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE, the PC is not a CONSOLE. Consoles and PC's do not DIRECTLY complete with each other as much as people hate to believe it, the industry goes where consoles go, 90% of games are made for consoles then ported if necessary. A VERY SMALL % of people buy a PC just to play video games especially ones capable of playing new games.

So yes Street Fighter V is a PS4 exclusive.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That would be Super Saiyan God and dear Kami, let's leave the Tenkaichi games where they belong. Dead and in the past.

Wrong. That would be the case if there was no mention of PC, however they did say "Exclusively for PC and PS4".

And no, Tekken 7 is not the winner of fighting games this gen, if anything, basing judgement on how last gen performed (Just like you did),
Yes, the game is not out yet but it'll be yet another solid Tekken game. ^_^
, SF5 is bound to be the winner.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

So sick of this stupid argument it's a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE, the PC is not a CONSOLE. Consoles and PC's do not DIRECTLY complete with each other as much as people hate to believe it, the industry goes where consoles go, 90% of games are made for consoles then ported if necessary. A VERY SMALL % of people buy a PC just to play video games especially ones capable of playing new games.

"Console exclusive" is different from vaguely saying "exclusively" so not the same.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess everyone is forgetting about king of fighters 14 as a potential winner, at least 50 characters playable at launch, most likely due to it probably being a dream match game like kof98/kof02.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Idk, we PC gamers get most of the AAA games and more and you don't really need a beefy PC nowadays to play games, just get a decent enough GPU and you're ready.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

For someone having "fact" in their name to be 100% wrong on all accounts sure is ironic.
The industry is clearly going towards the big PC titles seeing as every big console game has incorporated MMO/moba/F2P elements in several manners (oftentimes for the worse), while more and more low budget projects get made in the same vein of indie games, even from the big studios. The only dominant market of consoles is that of the A games, which is the smallest one in terms of revenue.
No, 90% of the games YOU KNOW ABOUT are made for consoles, if anything. Aside from essentially-PC-exclusive genres such as grand strategy, 4X and simulators, the biggest bulk of games is actually made primarily on PC. Again, refer to any release list website for a simple number comparison so you can get your 1990 headcanon updated.
PC gaming is much more profitable than console gaming already and has been for a while - studios are gradually starting to adapt to this by either releasing faster ports, day-one versions, or outright exclusives. Just because publishers are slow to adapt doesn't mean it's not profitable or the market is on consoles. This has been gradually and consistently changed, with more and more studios starting to do it.
The "very small percentage" of people are the enthusiasts who want to play new games at 60/120fps and/or 1080p+ resolution. You can still play games on a toaster, and most new games coming out do not require anything but a toaster to run perfectly nowadays. A 2009 tier PC is capable of running SFV at 60fps by lowering settings. If you scavenge old PC parts, you'll manage to build one for less than $300.

Regardless of all of this, saying the game is a PS4 exclusive is factually wrong. It's console exclusive to the PS4. Competition or market share has no bearing on it. Which, by your own logic, should instead be "SFV is a PC exclusive" since PC has the bigger market piece in the first place.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For someone having "fact" in their name to be 100% wrong on all accounts sure is ironic.
The industry is clearly going towards the big PC titles seeing as every big console game has incorporated MMO/moba/F2P elements in several manners (oftentimes for the worse), while more and more low budget projects get made in the same vein of indie games, even from the big studios. The only dominant market of consoles is that of the A games, which is the smallest one in terms of revenue.
No, 90% of the games YOU KNOW ABOUT are made for consoles, if anything. Aside from essentially-PC-exclusive genres such as grand strategy, 4X and simulators, the biggest bulk of games is actually made primarily on PC. Again, refer to any release list website for a simple number comparison so you can get your 1990 headcanon updated.
PC gaming is much more profitable than console gaming already and has been for a while - studios are gradually starting to adapt to this by either releasing faster ports, day-one versions, or outright exclusives. Just because publishers are slow to adapt doesn't mean it's not profitable or the market is on consoles. This has been gradually and consistently changed, with more and more studios starting to do it.
The "very small percentage" of people are the enthusiasts who want to play new games at 60/120fps and/or 1080p+ resolution. You can still play games on a toaster, and most new games coming out do not require anything but a toaster to run perfectly nowadays. A 2009 tier PC is capable of running SFV at 60fps by lowering settings. If you scavenge old PC parts, you'll manage to build one for less than $300.

Regardless of all of this, saying the game is a PS4 exclusive is factually wrong. It's console exclusive to the PS4. Competition or market share has no bearing on it. Which, by your own logic, should instead be "SFV is a PC exclusive" since PC has the bigger market piece in the first place.

Yes, every gamer is a computer nerd, i mean who would want to go into a BestBuy buy a console and have that be that instead they should "scavenge parts" to build a PC of something comparable to a PS4. The market share on PC is bigger? is it really? everyone has a PC i have a PC right now logged onto steam but i havn't played a PC game in months. How many PC games are sold at a dirt cheap discount just to keep people away from pirating them? how much of a profit do you think they actually make on selling a game for $3 that is worth $20? The PS2 is the best selling console of all time and the PS4 is ON PACE if not AHEAD of pace to break that record do you believe this is what? coincidence? Many gamers who aren't hardcore PC enthusiasts (because yes the two can differ from each other) just want to sit on a couch and play a game. Also are we forgetting what JUST happened with the Xbox One? the backlash that console received after it was initially supposed to be a Steam like system? console gamers DON'T WANT DIGITAL MEDIA ONLY, this was displayed very clearly people still like to own discs as much as everyone thinks its going to die the market will go where the users want it to. The amount of PC exclusives from 2005 and up have been laughable compared to console exclusives, even those games which are exclusive to PC are generally only capable of being played properly on a PC anyway like World of Warcraft. We don't see any AAA PC exclusives of console caliber since Far Cry or Crysis which have both been ported to console anyway, please don't live in LALA land. What we have on this site and many like it are a VERY LOUD minority of PC gamers who live on the internet and pollute forums with this PC MASTER RACE bullshit when the very opposite is true, console will still dominant PC's in the gaming space for years to come.

Last edited by IpsoFact0,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

inb4 Budokai Tenkaichi 4 confirmed because Xenoverse sucks.
According to Bandai, Tenkaichi 4 already exists but fans of it are unaware. Besides, the Tenkaichi games were mindless button mashing with clones of other characters so I'm glad Spike isn't the developer of Dragon Ball games any more.

EDIT: Wording.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happens with people asking why is there no budokai 4 but budokai 4 = infinite world. People barley know about it since they most likely moved on to ps3 by the time the game came out.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Same thing happens with people asking why is there no budokai 4 but budokai 4 = infinite world. People barley know about it since they most likely moved on to ps3 by the time the game came out.
And Raging Blast 1 is Tenkaichi 4 or as in Bandai's very own words "Next Level Tenkaichi". I somewhat liked RB1 for its costumisation, skins and UI but the camera and gameplay were really bad.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1:32 Sega Nomad! xD
CPS3 Portable? pff.
Looks very Sega Genesis ish considering the buttons, d-pad and kind of the overall size and odd shape of the back. (though no Nomad was ever that color but eh, maybe its a custom paint job?)

Love the intro.
Goes a little slow in places but really pumps things up and shows a bit of story and feeling with each character.
I like it better than the SF4 ones but its hard to not love those too.
Personally SF x Tekken had my favorite opening out of the more recent Capcom fighters, but mostly cause it was fun and crazy.

I'm starting to hate myself for deciding to wait on the game's price to drop before I jump in on it but eh, I prefer to wait and see how things go.
I won't be able to keep up with the pros anyway so might do me good to do some reading on the characters and things after everyone gets used to them and some guides pop up.

Can't wait to see how the competitive scene works its magic with this one.

Last edited by shadow1w2,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

SFV is out and customers don't seem too pleased about it. Better to wait for the eventual "Ultra Street Fighter V" edition despite that Capcom said they wouldn't but come on, it's Capcom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol