Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well,

I have some questions for those that already bought this game for the PC.

1. Is the Game any good ?

2. Every source in the Internet say "get yourself an XBOX Controler or one of those Arcade Controlers"
and i am rather pissed of of this -.-V is the game really more or less unplayable without an extra controler ?
I really "hate" those XBOX controlers just can't hadndle them -.- and why would i buy an arcade controler where i have some big buttons i can mash when i have an even bigger keyboard with smaller buttons i can mash as well ?

3. Is there some sort of long term goal or like the old Street figher games ? play first time beat game think "woot ? thats easy" play second time of hardest possible "woot .... thats hard oO" and after some tries beating Bison on hardest mode and complete the game after what is it ? 3 hours ? XD

P.S. how come i see this game sometimes for ~60$ and sometimes ~30$ ?

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. yes the game is good. i have the ps3 version and i plan to get this version to play mainly because when i started playing SF i used a keyboard.

2. well i plan to play this with my keyboard. as i have done so with the other street fighter games before it. i have bought a arcadestick, and i find that it helps with doing things that require 360 moves. but if i avoid those characters i guess i will be ok. my fav character is rose anyway. bt if you have a ps3 controller and using a 32bit windows there are drivers on the net to help get hooked up to pc. i have played usig the xbox controller and i find it uncomfortable.

3. there are challenges you can do to unlock things. some require online play if its anything like the ps3/xbox version.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Youkai said:
Well,

I have some questions for those that already bought this game for the PC.

1. Is the Game any good ?

2. Every source in the Internet say "get yourself an XBOX Controler or one of those Arcade Controlers"
and i am rather pissed of of this -.-V is the game really more or less unplayable without an extra controler ?
I really "hate" those XBOX controlers just can't hadndle them -.- and why would i buy an arcade controler where i have some big buttons i can mash when i have an even bigger keyboard with smaller buttons i can mash as well ?

3. Is there some sort of long term goal or like the old Street figher games ? play first time beat game think "woot ? thats easy" play second time of hardest possible "woot .... thats hard oO" and after some tries beating Bison on hardest mode and complete the game after what is it ? 3 hours ? XD

P.S. how come i see this game sometimes for ~60$ and sometimes ~30$ ?

1. It's pretty fun, I've been playing it for a few hours and it seems decent. I'm not much of a SF fan though.

2. Screw them about the Xbox Controller. It's good with an Arcade stick, mainly because it's how the game is supposed to be played, not to mention the added nostalgia feeling. Some people think playing with a keyboard is a little clunky, but I guess once you get used to it, it might not be so bad. I've been using my PS2 controller and I haven't really had any problems.

3. Multiplayer

4. I think the $60 bundle comes with an arcade stick? Not sure. Edit: Wikipedia says it comes with a "fight pad". Looks like a D-Pad and some buttons.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many fireballs and dragon punches do you think you will be able to do before you throw the keyboard and the computer out of your window?

I just use a wireless Xbox 360 controller, you will get used to it and it makes the game more playable. It also works on many other game titles.

The keyboard will never give you the best experience you could get. I would also think an arcade joystick would be great too.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lodis said:
How many fireballs and dragon punches do you think you will be able to do before you throw the keyboard and the computer out of your window?

I just use a wireless Xbox 360 controller, you will get used to it and it makes the game more playable. It also works on many other game titles.

The keyboard will never give you the best experience you could get. I would also think an arcade joystick would be great too.

It's actually easier for dragonballs and dragon punches with a keyboard, since you just need to register the down and foward and not the down/forward. The hard part are the charge characters, or the supers like Guile's Double Flash.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lodis said:

fireballs are actually easier on the keyboard. same with the dragon punches. the only thing that gives me problems is 360 and 720 moves. guiles and vegas supers give me problems too, but its the 360 that i hate the most. i have been playing street fighter on the keyboard for 15 years now so naturally gravitated towards players with down forward moves because they are easier to use on the keyboard. but now i can understand the awsomeness of zangif thanks to my arcade stick.

***beaten to how easy fireballs are.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's the 40 dollar game only version (35 if preordered on steam), and the 60 dollar game + fightpad, which is the 40 dollar game and a 40 dollar fight pad which seems to have received excellent reviews, being considerably better than a 360 controller for street fighter games due to the much better d-pad.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take back what I said about the Xbox 360 Controller, I find the best to be my Logitech PS2/3 Cordless Action Controller and then my official wired PS2 controller.

The Xbox 360 one comes last because the control pad isn't as good as I thought it would be for this game.

I am surprised to hear that the keyboard is easier but I guess I always enjoyed part of the challenge of mastering some of the moves on a controller / arcade stick.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on a completely unrelated note

the dub for this game is horrid...
guess capcom didnt want to spend the extra $$$ on proper VO's and instead just grabbed people off the street it seems

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:

guess capcom didnt want to spend the extra $$ on proper VO's and instead just grabbed people off the street it seems

I thought certain ones were worse than others. I like Ken's but hate Ryu's. You can turn off the English VO for the Japanese ones and I believe you can unlock the ability to select which VO is applied for each character later on.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
Joe88 said:

guess capcom didnt want to spend the extra $ on proper VO's and instead just grabbed people off the street it seems

I thought certain ones were worse than others. I like Ken's but hate Ryu's. You can turn off the English VO for the Japanese ones and I believe you can unlock the ability to select which VO is applied for each character later on.

D:

I loved the dubs for this game! Added a certain cheesiness factor which I very much enjoyed.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it really worth getting the Arcade stick for the 360?
Its really frustrating that I cant beat the game on hard with the normal 360 controller...
I played through with Ryu and Ken on medium.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you ask me it is all a matter of getting used to something... I guess someone who started with analog-stick won`t like a game-pad and vice versa!

I love the Saturn-controller for Street Fighter but that might be no option for SFIV
tongue.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Kamui said:
Is it really worth getting the Arcade stick for the 360?
Its really frustrating that I cant beat the game on hard with the normal 360 controller...
I played through with Ryu and Ken on medium.

It could just be that shotos aren't your thing. Try different characters and do their trials before blaming the controller. I suck ass and I still managed to beat the PC on very hard.

QUOTE(Master Mo @ Jul 5 2009, 12:55 PM) If you ask me it is all a matter of getting used to something... I guess someone who started with analog-stick won`t like a game-pad and vice versa!

I love the Saturn-controller for Street Fighter but that might be no option for SFIV
tongue.gif

Actually the SF4 fightpad is basically the saturn pad with a different skin.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if SFIV works well using a psx dual-analog controller? ive been testing it out for a little bit and am having sort of trouble with controlling it smoothly. sometimes its ok, sometimes not.
also, i did a benchmark with default settings before changing anything graphics wise in the game and this is what i got:
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8400@ 2.26 GHz FPS: 11.93
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family AVG: 10.95
1280x720 60 Hz

i think i have just a decent video card, it was real slow at first, but when i pulled down the settings a tad, it was alright, but still little lags here and there. whenever i shot a fireball though, it doesnt show up, just the shock from it when ryu/ken does it. how do you manually set the controls to how you want it? cause it isnt like other games where if i were to assign the triangle button to something, it'd show up as 1, circle to 2, x to 3, square to 4 and so on, etc...?

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
does anyone know if SFIV works well using a psx dual-analog controller? ive been testing it out for a little bit and am having sort of trouble with controlling it smoothly. sometimes its ok, sometimes not.
also, i did a benchmark with default settings before changing anything graphics wise in the game and this is what i got:
1280x720 60 Hz

i think i have just a decent video card, it was real slow at first, but when i pulled down the settings a tad, it was alright, but still little lags here and there. whenever i shot a fireball though, it doesnt show up, just the shock from it when ryu/ken does it. how do you manually set the controls to how you want it? cause it isnt like other games where if i were to assign the triangle button to something, it'd show up as 1, circle to 2, x to 3, square to 4 and so on, etc...?

I'm using a psx controller and it's perfectly fine. As for the button configurations, you're gonna have to figure that out yourself. Everyone goes through the same problem I believe. It's just trial and error or go in training mode to figure out which button is which to switch them.

----

I have a pirated one at the moment and I like it so far. I'm gonna purchase it soon. We must have an xbox live account to play online right..?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, it only supports and offline profile with a pirated ver of the game

wiimanizer said:
1280x720 60 Hz

I would turn down all the settings to their lowest
dont set any AA or TF, lowest res, and the rest off or low

if you cant get stable of 30FPS then I would not play the game
thats not a decent gfx card, its very low end

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: