'Street Fighter IV' will shortly be landing on the iPhone

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Street Fighter IV… on the iPhone? Capcom is going for it this March, bringing the acclaimed fighter to Apple's handhelds. But this is no quickie, banged-out port. Capcom has taken months to come up with suitable controls for a platform with no physical buttons, employing a virtual pad and move buttons to recreate the arcade stick right on the touchscreen. After all, without great controls, what's the point?

tba-street-fighter-iv-20100214054925013-000.jpg

tba-street-fighter-iv-20100214054926169-000.jpg

http://uk.wireless.ign.com/articles/106/1069286p1.html

Anhmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game seems to only have 4 buttons. How is that going to work? I can only guess as to what S and SA mean. If this was for PSP it would be phenomenal, it's not like it can't handle it.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
See, now this isn't cool. Why on earth would they port it to the iPhone when there's a perfectly good Wii platform to put it on?
I mean yeah, neither of them are "hardcore", but at least the Wii has BUTTONS.

Also, no PSP makes me mad. That's a missed opportunity. And the DS is probably too underpowered, and...

...Gosh, maybe I'm making a bit too much of a deal out of this.

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anhmeister said:
The game seems to only have 4 buttons. How is that going to work? I can only guess as to what S and SA mean. If this was for PSP it would be phenomenal, it's not like it can't handle it.

Seems to be, that there is only one kick and punch in this version...

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol@capcom, found a new way to piss me off. this shuold be on the psp. they shuoldnt even have considered putting it on the iphone.

unfortunately, the type of street fighter fan i am, i will get it regardless, lol.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I hate these games that have a billion virtual buttons. My thumbs cover the screen, I have no idea what's going on, and it completely detracts from gameplay. Yes, this is going to fail.

Playing games that need so many virtual buttons is terrible... that's why I just can't play FPS's on the iPhone.

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i guess they just wanted to try it i mean seeing as sfiv sold well enough and super sfiv around the corner they aint reli got much to loose. the only thing this will make rock solid is that the iphone isnt a gaming machine

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well FPS games on the iTouch aren't bad. But virtual buttons for a game like this is horrible since its all Action and it would be hard to touch the buttons. I think this might fail. What do you mean the DS is underpowered?

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you do a hadoken will it shoot real flames from your charging port? Or in the least bit allow you to taze haters. What is this about again?

Oh right. I've seen people on the subway play some really wierd games on their iphones. Some fps where the buttons are on the screen and stuff. It's really bizarre. I think it will sell but controlling this stuff isn't as hard as you believe. Maybe. I don't know. I've never had one. Never want one. What were we talking about?

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i dont even use stand how this is gonna work. first of all 4 buttons? 2nd virtual d-pad, seriously? how with u even use hadouken or specials? 3rd okay this is ridiculous, instead of making and iphone sf4 y not make THe console versions better? i mean sf4 xbox is good but what really made me mad was the fact that the game lobbys only allowed 2 players and now that the new one is coming with all the stuff making us sf4 lovers spend more money on this?!?!?!?!?this is not the only case all capcom wants to do it make their loyal fans spend more money on there games, theres even RE5 gold edition coming out, just wow. BUT who nows it might be good i guess like gba sf3 alpha
Myeyes.gif

38648_facepalm.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom can be idiot sometime. They are stubborn not to bring it over to Wii with a little bit adjustment graphic which is fine to us but they are making an excuse. Disappointment.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom can be so awesome sometime. They are very smart to not bring it over to the wii with a little big adjustment graphic with is fine to people who cannot afford a real gaming system but they are making an excuse. Badass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended