'Street Fighter IV' will shortly be landing on the iPhone

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Sotoro, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Sotoro
    OP

Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2008
    Gambia, The
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://uk.wireless.ign.com/articles/106/1069286p1.html

2. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    I foresee that this thing will fail. BADLY.

3. Jakob95

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    Instead of this they should make one for the Nintendo DS. Anyways I will pirate this game anyways on my iPod Touch.

4. Danny600kill

Danny600kill xD

Aug 3, 2009
    United States
    Manchester
    This, i guess i will just have to wait for the .ipa [​IMG]

5. Empoleom

Empoleom GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    Brazil
    why for iphone, why not psp or ds, the game doesnt feel the same without buttons

6. Anhmeister

Anhmeister Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    The game seems to only have 4 buttons. How is that going to work? I can only guess as to what S and SA mean. If this was for PSP it would be phenomenal, it's not like it can't handle it.

7. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    See, now this isn't cool. Why on earth would they port it to the iPhone when there's a perfectly good Wii platform to put it on?
    I mean yeah, neither of them are "hardcore", but at least the Wii has BUTTONS.

Also, no PSP makes me mad. That's a missed opportunity. And the DS is probably too underpowered, and...

...Gosh, maybe I'm making a bit too much of a deal out of this.

8. Sotoro
    OP

Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Seems to be, that there is only one kick and punch in this version...

9. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    Who's with me when I say FAIL!? Real buttons > virtual buttons. [​IMG]

10. silvershadow

silvershadow GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2006
    Canada
    lol@capcom, found a new way to piss me off. this shuold be on the psp. they shuoldnt even have considered putting it on the iphone.

unfortunately, the type of street fighter fan i am, i will get it regardless, lol.

11. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Wow, people are gonna get pissed when they can't do a simple hadouken because the controls aren't being detected properly.

12. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    I hate these games that have a billion virtual buttons. My thumbs cover the screen, I have no idea what's going on, and it completely detracts from gameplay. Yes, this is going to fail.

Playing games that need so many virtual buttons is terrible... that's why I just can't play FPS's on the iPhone.

13. gov78

gov78 Ha made you Look

Feb 14, 2007
    London
    well i guess they just wanted to try it i mean seeing as sfiv sold well enough and super sfiv around the corner they aint reli got much to loose. the only thing this will make rock solid is that the iphone isnt a gaming machine

14. Jakob95

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    Well FPS games on the iTouch aren't bad. But virtual buttons for a game like this is horrible since its all Action and it would be hard to touch the buttons. I think this might fail. What do you mean the DS is underpowered?

15. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Street Fighter with no buttons...Is Capcom MAD?! Fighting games are to be played with BUTTONS, not a TOUCHSCREEN with VIRTUAL BUTTONS. Damn...Everything I know about video games is wrong now.

16. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    [​IMG]

I have no love for fighting games but even I can tell this is a mockery.

17. saxamo

saxamo Spaaaaace!

Aug 6, 2006
    United States
    NYC
    When you do a hadoken will it shoot real flames from your charging port? Or in the least bit allow you to taze haters. What is this about again?

Oh right. I've seen people on the subway play some really wierd games on their iphones. Some fps where the buttons are on the screen and stuff. It's really bizarre. I think it will sell but controlling this stuff isn't as hard as you believe. Maybe. I don't know. I've never had one. Never want one. What were we talking about?

18. ninchya

ninchya GBAtemp Regular

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    ASIA!!!!!
    lol i dont even use stand how this is gonna work. first of all 4 buttons? 2nd virtual d-pad, seriously? how with u even use hadouken or specials? 3rd okay this is ridiculous, instead of making and iphone sf4 y not make THe console versions better? i mean sf4 xbox is good but what really made me mad was the fact that the game lobbys only allowed 2 players and now that the new one is coming with all the stuff making us sf4 lovers spend more money on this?!?!?!?!?this is not the only case all capcom wants to do it make their loyal fans spend more money on there games, theres even RE5 gold edition coming out, just wow. BUT who nows it might be good i guess like gba sf3 alpha [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Capcom can be idiot sometime. They are stubborn not to bring it over to Wii with a little bit adjustment graphic which is fine to us but they are making an excuse. Disappointment.

20. quepaso

quepaso GBAtemp Fan

May 4, 2008
    United States
    Capcom can be so awesome sometime. They are very smart to not bring it over to the wii with a little big adjustment graphic with is fine to people who cannot afford a real gaming system but they are making an excuse. Badass.