Street Fighter IV 3DS Details

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by soulx, Jul 29, 2010.

1. soulx
    OP

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    [​IMG]
    ^click the image to see it bigger​
    The following information comes from a Famitsu interview with producer Yoshinori Ono...

"We thought about a DS or PSP port when we were considering porting SSFIV to a portable system, but neither system would've been able to produce a port that I would be satisfied with. That's around the time when the 3DS was announced to us, and we decided that we could produce Street Fighter on that system well enough that everything fun about the series would shine through. There was also the fact that we could use all of its network abilities to help gamers communicate with each other."

"We're in the midst of a trial-and-error process, throwing ideas around the development team for things that'd be neat to work with in 3D. The system itself is still purely SSFIV -- we're thinking about ways 3D can be used in the visuals instead."

- all 35 characters to be included

"We don't have any intention of pandering to children here. We'd rather make a game that a kid wants to strive to become better at. Of course, we'd like to make it a little more accessible since it's not on a home console, but we're not thinking about kids so much as people who stopped playing SF after the Super NES version. We have no intention of rebalancing the strength of the moves. We are conducting trials, though, to see how we can use the bottom screen and Slide Pad. Maybe we could use the screen to simulate multiple button presses and the pad for special moves, or the like."

"We don't know exactly when yet, but I would like to see it out while the original version is still popular in arcades. Releasing a simple upgrade to arcades would whittle down our audience, but getting the game out on lots of different platforms will hopefully help expand it instead."

- Saving Attack, Ultra Combo included
    - 10% complete
    - hoping to include original content
    [/p]
    Capcom thought about a DS port but decided it wouldn't produce a satisying port. The 3DS definitely seems like a much better fit for Street Fighter IV. Capcom seems to be putting a lot of work into this. I'm sure this will be a good game. I wonder how they will use the network features of the 3DS, though.

[​IMG] Source

2. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I think I rather want Tekken [​IMG]

3. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    I might purchase this. I don't like Tekken-like fighters (examples = Soul Caliber).

4. Uzumakijl

Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2008
    Mexico
    So, I read that as

Complete roster

Not gonna dumb it down even more

That would be quite cool, But they should rather port SSFIV.

5. Goli

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they're porting SSFIV and not SFIV.

6. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    That's cool I guess.

7. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

what did you fix
    anyway seems like this wont come out for a while since they said its only 10% complete

8. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    Hey, man, I'm totally fine with that. Looks like they're rrreeeaaallllllyyy putting a lot of effort into this, what with all the ideas they're trying out and whatnot. I'm stoked. Hehe

9. OmerMe

OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2007
    Iceland
    Yeah, it's SSFIV, not SFIV.
    Porting SFIV will be kinda stupid, and SFIV doesn't have 35 characters, only 19.
    I always liked SF, and recently I've been playing 3S quite a lot (but not improving so much), I'm really looking forward to this.
    Also, I like Tekken too, but I find it complicated with all the commands, but I wish there'll be a Tekken for the 3DS too. (or maybe even SFXTK)

10. Uzumakijl

Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2008
    Mexico
    Yep, Just saw this it's indeed SSFIV, Now if they confirm online i'm sold.

@ The "What did you fix?" post, he wrote Caliber instead of Calibur.

11. GenesisX

GenesisX GBAtemp Fan

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    a vagina :)
    When will Square Enix port KH to the 3ds [​IMG] and this looks good

12. zeromac

zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Mar 7, 2009
    Earth
    Man this is going to be wicked [​IMG]

Full Street Fighter experience ONLINE [​IMG]

13. Daizu

Daizu GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2010
    United States
    Hell
    The 'Calbur' in 'Soul Calibur' is spelled with a 'u' instead of an 'e'. Common mistake as the correct way to spell caliber is with an e.

14. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    Now I just need some comic-con screens.

15. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    it should be different to the PC/Console game... more characters is good and possibly enuf with online play...

16. DunkrWunkah

DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    The graphics looks pretty good, but just that. I'm not too fond of that style of shading. I think I'd rather have a Soul Calibur 3DS.

17. ConJ

ConJ The Toker

Jul 18, 2008
    Glastonbury
    Ahhhh man, I am so looking forward to getting to a 3DS.

18. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Canada.
    That's all I'm asking for. Ports of SSFIV characters, attack data such as hitboxes, damage, etc, and stats. I don't mind it being graphically watered down as 3DS isn't as powerful as 360 or PS3. As long as they can give the console experience on a handheld I'm totally sold.

19. Sir Spanky

Sir Spanky GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2006
    So many awesome games coming to the 3DS [​IMG]

20. BobTheJoeBob

BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

Aug 2, 2009
    London
    I can't wait. I'm really finding it hard to decide which games I should buy first.