Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Capcom just confirmed Street Fighter 4, no platform, gameplay or release date details given.

from Kotaku:

QUOTE said:
Games Radar is reporting from the Capcom Gamer's Day in London that the 4th game in the series has been officially confirmed. A stylized trailer of Ken and Ryu fighting was shown, but no actual gameplay footage, and while development has started the game is still more than a year away for whatever platform it ends up coming out on, Still, we can all rest easy that it is indeed on the way. Along with this amazing news, Capcom also announced Lost Planet for the PS3, a new Ace Attorney game for the DS featuring and new main character, and an all-new sci-fi action adventure game called Dark Void. It takes a special kind of company to wait 20 years from the release of the original game to finally get to number 4 in the series.

source: http://kotaku.com/gaming/finally/street-fi...rmed-311856.php

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But, they got so many other words they can still add after number 2 and 3.

I mean, where's my 70th version of Street Fighter 2?

I'm still waiting for Insane Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Super Duper Hyper Fantastic Edition now with 1 new move!

L

lastdual

Will be interesting to see if they take the series 3D.

I love the animation of the past SF titles (and basically all of Capcom's CPS2 & 3 fighters), but in order to appeal beyond the small cult of long-time SF fans I think they'll need to make some big visual changes and meet or exede the graphics of games like Soul Calibur 4.

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope those semi cel shaded graphics stay looks really nice

yeyy for a new street fighter!

I assume the HD version of sf2 is still being made too?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its nice that Capcom are still doing new games based on SF & Bionic Commando.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
MMMMmmmm!!!!

Okami came to my mind!. Nice style, but I don't think it will be in 3D, I mean it's Street Fighter, maybe 3D models but I would bet for a 2D style gameplay, or did they announce anything about it?

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I love the animation of the past SF titles (and basically all of Capcom's CPS2 & 3 fighters), but in order to appeal beyond the small cult of long-time SF fans I think they'll need to make some big visual changes and meet or exede the graphics of games like Soul Calibur 4.
But 2D graphics often look BETTER than 3D graphics. If consoles made pure 2D graphics a priority we'd be playing fluid cartoons by now. I used to dream of that day and then everyone had to go and throw a wrench into everything by decided that 2D was inherently worse than 3D . That said I love a lot of 3D graphics and it's definitely more appropriate for first person shooters, racing games, and many others. But I really wish that both types of games were common and popular on consoles.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yeah I'm more hyped for the Bionic Commando announcement than the SF4 though I'll happily get both!
Theres a leaked trailer for BC floating around, think theres a link on maxconsole, see it while it's hot as Capcom have been asking sites to remove it!!

Daois

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Ugh, Street Fighter EX series was not so great.

I'd rather play Street Fighter as a 2D fighter simply because the game is already gorgeous. SFIII had some awesome graphics, as did SVC-Chaos.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I assume the HD version of sf2 is still being made too?
heheh, that HD game is a joke.. stolen art, pillow shading, retarded anatomy, ridiculous proportion issues
rofl2.gif

I'm happy they've announced a SF4, I'm a huge SF fan.
And, I'm also happy that I'm confident it will be a 2D game.
why am I confident?
Well, it's "Street Fighter 4", as in part of the traditional series, so I'd expect capcom to stick with tradition
I think all the ink hints at 2D
and capcom knows their fanbase boycotts the 3D street fighter games
Honestly, street fighter does not need to be 3D, it does not benefit from it in any way, and man do I hate 3D fighters, they just feel all loose and sloppy compared to a good solid 2D fighter

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope it has characters from the alpha series rather then 3rd strike

3rd strike as full of shitty looking people

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I lived and breathed SF2 on the snes. Really looking forward to SF4 and the SF2 HD remake

Hadoken! Shoryuken! Tatsbaggyratspacks! (I think that's what he says anyway)

Yeah I'm more hyped for the Bionic Commando announcement than the SF4 though I'll happily get both!
Theres a leaked trailer for BC floating around, think theres a link on maxconsole, see it while it's hot as Capcom have been asking sites to remove it!!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
2D gameplay with 3D graphics probably.. 3D just being used for visual effects like zooming and replays.. It's hard to think of a "pure 2d" game being developed today.. I really don't know what to expect from this..

D

Deleted User

I'm a Street Fighter III: Third Strike addict.
tongue.gif
Or at least I used to be. I don't play as often as I used to.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love the SF series. i haed sf3 at first but now its one of my fav SF games.

I lived and breathed SF2 on the snes. Really looking forward to SF4 and the SF2 HD remake

Hadoken! Shoryuken! Tatsbaggyratspacks! (I think that's what he says anyway)

tatsumakisenpuukyaku is how you spell it. even though it doesnt sound like it.

i am actually looking more forward to the super puzzle fighter 2 X HD remake than the SSF2T one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.