Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i love it i can't wait for it to come out

i think the face expressions are a little exagerated but i like em lol

things i noticed about the gameplay

Air Blocking

Super moves and what appears to be a ultimate super move that kinda reminds me of dragon ball z lol

freezing during special hits ? maybe you can counter while your character is freezed ?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link.
Makes me feel like they should have just called this Street Fighter EX 4...
This is nothing like EX. It's still strictly 2D gameplay, just with 3D graphics. The crappy EX games actually have crappy 3D everything, and is incredibly slow and crappy.

And there are a few things taken out too. The only thing off the top of my head that I know they took out was the Parrying system from SF3.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link.
Makes me feel like they should have just called this Street Fighter EX 4...

This is nothing like EX. It's still strictly 2D gameplay, just with 3D graphics. The crappy EX games actually have crappy 3D everything, and is incredibly slow and crappy.

And there are a few things taken out too. The only thing off the top of my head that I know they took out was the Parrying system from SF3.

I agree with you 100%.
The EX series was complete crap.
tongue.gif

Street Fighter in 2D forever!
happy.gif

~Nero

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
In the beginning I was excited, but the more I see of this game, the less interested I become. At first I thought it was headed in the right direction, but now I'm not so sure. First off, the visuals: unlike many people I don't think it needs 2D sprite-based visuals to be a Street Fighter game, but what they settled on is just... ew.

This...
Streetfighter4.jpg

[title:... isn't these:]
ryu-sprites.jpg

windowslivewriterstreetfightersguileusesawhip-dc59ryu2.jpg

ryu_420px.jpg

In Street Fighter IV Ryu looks like an angry constipated muppet on steroids. The best alternative would have been next-gen cel-shading. Near perfect 2D anime-esque to 3D cel-shaded graphics can be done, as seen in this screenshot from the upcoming DragonBall Z: Burst Limit (Imagine these visuals with a Hadouken attack):

dbzburst8yd4.jpg

I also disagree with the following: the fact that instead of building on what made the series strong to begin with, they're removing features instead of improving existing staples. That this game takes place in between two others in the series but is titled Street Fighter "IV". And the speed of the movement seems slower and less fluent than it should, a consequence of a clunky visual style. I'm not writing this game off yet, but I'm not pleased with the direction it's headed, to say the least.
lecture.gif

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well Its obviously not Street Fighter EX4, thats for sure. The gameplay is much faster and more SF3-ish from what I've seen so far.

Still, I doubt I'll be better than SF3 or even SF2 for that matter.

EDIT:
@Ace: You've gotta remember your showing images of Ryu from his younger days(Street Fighter Alpha comes first in timeline). In SF4, hes much older. Look at art of SF3 Ryu and you'll see much more of a resemblance. I think they captured Ryu pretty good if you consider his age.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
@Ace: You've gotta remember your showing images of Ryu from his younger days(Street Fighter Alpha comes first in timeline). In SF4, hes much older. Look at art of SF3 Ryu and you'll see much more of a resemblance. I think they captured Ryu pretty good if you consider his age.

It's not the design that bothers me (well, it is), but it bothers me because the design is an extension of the visual style as a whole, and I dislike the style they've chosen. I liked it to begin with, but the more I see of said artistic direction the less I think it fits.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind Ace the game is still in extremely early development. I just read the story in EGM, the producer said the the game's about 5% done. Only reason Ryu and Ken are like that is because they had to present something.

Also, Street Fighter IV happens before 2 and 3. They already said that in the same EGM story.

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
well i'm also disappointed about this game

First the character design is really bad imo i mean come on they have a very big body & they jump so damn high & move so fast like they are ignoring the gravity low or something plus they look so damn ugly like gorillas or something & they have the biggest feet I've ever seen wished they used SF alpha 3 design.

also, it's capcom USA who is doing it as i know (maybe i'm wrong but i saw the Capcom USA logo @ the end of the trailer) which imo may lead to a sucky gameplay i'm sorry but i don't think they can do a better job than the Japanese.

& they shouldn't call it SF4 they could just call it SF2.5 or SF EX4 then that would've been better.

oh well can't fully judge the game till it comes out but i have to say imo the game doesn't look promising guess i'll just have to wait for KOFXII hopefully it'll be better than this game.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its looking great! Bout time there was an update in the graphics department! As long as it plays like old sf im jumping on it! I think capcom know they made a mistake with the EX series and have fortunately laid the series to rest
biggrin.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People like complaining. If Capcom releases a new Street Fighter that sticks to the tried and true formula they've been using since SF2, people complain that it's just more of the same. If they try something new, people complain that it just isn't the same.

My opinion: Ryu and Ken's faces were given a serious beating with the ugly stick, but aside from that it looks like standard Street Fighter action.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U