Streaming Videos Confusion

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by sKeEt, Apr 18, 2010.

Apr 18, 2010

Streaming Videos Confusion by sKeEt at 1:00 AM (797 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. sKeEt
    OP

Member sKeEt GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OK so I like stream everything to my 360 with Windows Media Player 11 on my Windows XP Pro PC. Just recently I repaired my windows with my installation CD and had to reinstall Windows Media Player 11.

Everything I streamed before still works but not my videos. They don't show up at all on the 360. Before I had installed ffdshow for the video codecs to play mp4's and avi's so I uninstalled it and installed ffdshow tryouts.

Still didn't work. I have my music and videos folder rite on my C: drive and are sharing the folders. I enabled media sharing even added the videos to my library.

Still nothing, I deleted the folder and created a new one, moved all my videos there and shared that folder. Still nothing. I check over on my mom's Mac in the other room and she gets all my videos but not my 360. I don't understand what happened.

I don't know what to do now to get this working. The shared folder doesn't even show up on the 360.

But my music streams just fine.

I noticed though that mp4 files that worked fine before I can no longer skip through and don't show the length of time on WMP. They play but I can't skip through them on the progress bar thing.

2. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  3. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    You have to download the optional Additonal Media Rights to the xb360. Once a year it also gets updated and u have to redownload it.

On the computer end, download WECP. Windows ESS. Codec Pack will allow 99% of all media files to play on your computer.