streaming video sites?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by fattest, May 18, 2010.

May 18, 2010

streaming video sites? by fattest at 9:30 PM (3,919 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. fattest
    OP

Member fattest GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i know wii opera has limited flash capabilities, but what sites work for streaming video? particularly sites which stream tv shows and movies? i've tried google videos, the sites that it links to are hit or miss. megavideo shows the preview image but when i click play the popup takes over the screen and this keeps happening when i go back. some sites will stream the advertisement before the video, but not the video itself...

thanks.

2. ThaDraGun

Member ThaDraGun GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have the same problem with megavideo!! I hate wii opera.
    I'd also like to know if anyone has any sites that work for them. I have a PS3 so I watch my videos on there but I find the PS3 browser sooooooo slow compared to wii. Funny thing is the wii is wireless internet and PS3 is connected with ethernet cable.

3. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    Yeah, what's up with that? I s'pose one will have to trade speed for functionality when it comes to console Internet browsing...

Off-topic:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    You can run linux on the Wii which can then run Firefox.
    But I have no idea about flash capabilities on linux.

5. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Try and find streaming websites that say it's capable running on the Wii. I know a few and no, I'm not telling you.

6. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    They are probably pr0n. I know because I found a few that run on the Wii. [​IMG]

I know that one site, animefreak.tv [?] I believe it is still works. It streams a lot of anime shows. Obvious I guess.

7. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    www.snotr.com is wii friendly too

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    That doesn't matter. The whole "wireless is slower internet" is a myth.
    Ethernet speed is usually 100-1000 megabits (PS3 might be limited to 100), wireless-g is rated 54 megabits but usually only gets 22 megabits per second.
    However the download speed of an average person's home internet tops out at about 1-10 megabits for a steady connection on DSL/cable (not counting burst).
    A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. If your internet speed is only 5 megabits, then you can only download at 5 megabits tops, no matter how fast the connection between the device and the router is.

9. Drag0nflamez

Member Drag0nflamez GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    how about southparkstudios.com/episodes (south park, official), fox.com/fod (FOX, i dont know if you think like the Simpsons it sucks, i think FOX rocks), NBC.com (NBC, according to the Simpsons they have the best news etc etc), CBS.com (CBS)

10. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    By the way I have a question. Does Flash run on Firefox with Linux on the Wii and how well does it run? I would also like to know what has better flash compatibility PS3 or Wii? When using Opera Browser and watching flash videos can it run on full screen if not what about linux? And last thing is if anyone has a Wii can you test out this website and check if the video will play http://www.kumby.com/avatar-the-last-airbe...e-avatar-state/

EDIT: Oh crap I thought last post was in July 21st... My bad for the bump.

11. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I would love to know what TV/Movie sites work on Wii too! I use Narutospot.net to watch Naruto episodes on my PS3 but it doesn't work on my Wii!

Flash Lite sucks!