Streaming Movie/TV Services Hits the Wii

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
North America seems satiated with ways to download movies and TV shows. You can get episodes of South Park from the Xbox Live Marketplace and Spider Man movies on the PlayStation Network. The Wii is the only console that doesn’t have a digitally distributed entertainment solution in North America. Funny because the tables are turned in Japan. The Wii is getting a content delivery service there via WiiWare this December while the Xbox Live Video Marketplace is barren and the PlayStation Store only has anime.

Fujisoft’s Minna no Theater Wii (Everybody’s Theater Wii) will give users access to anime, TV dramas, and movies for 500 Wii Points ($5). Seeing the online content will cost an additional fee unspecified by Fujisoft at this time. Fujisoft hasn’t outlined any specific titles either so it’s hard to evaluate their online theater program. Instead we’ll look at their mascot characters. Poskin, the mailbox, really takes your requests to Fujisoft.

Official Website: TheaterWii
News Source: Siliconera

Someone hack this so we can watch this on US Wii somehow lol.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Cool.. The Wii in Japan has a lot more stuff.. there's a TV guide channel and a service to download mangas was announced some time ago. I wish we could have this stuff on the rest of the world too :/

Considering the current state of Wii hacking, we'll probably be able to get a WAD of the channel, but I'm not sure about buying the shows..

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
War said:
I guess that's pretty cool, although I think it's a lot better to just download the stuff from the internet rather than pay outrageous fees to see something once.

Good point, specially considering that my Wii and PC are hooked to the same TV
tongue.gif

Anyway, this kind of stuff is available for the 360 and PS3 for some time now..

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
War said:
I guess that's pretty cool, although I think it's a lot better to just download the stuff from the internet rather than pay outrageous fees to see something once.

Good point, specially considering that my Wii and PC are hooked to the same TV
tongue.gif

Anyway, this kind of stuff is available for the 360 and PS3 for some time now..

Same here. I also have a dvd player so id rather download movies and burn them or watch them from my comp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu