OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
340x_10043214323.jpg

Nintendo's glasses-free 3D gaming machine will also stream 3D television programming in Japan when it hits there early next year.

The pilot program will bring shows from Fuiji TV and Nippon Television Network to the 3DS on a daily basis via a WiFi connection, according to Nintendo. We hear that the offerings will start out with very short takes on gourmet and travel shows.

No word on whether other regions will get a taste of the same sort of experimental program or if we're all going to be forced to buy 3D televisions to watch programming that jumps out at the TV at ya.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
o.O
I expected the 3DS to be awesome... But I didn't expect this
ohmy.gif

This is just overkill for a non-media device o.o
(even for some media devices, this is
ohmy.gif
-ish)
I need a job x]
I want one
frown.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow then I'll like to the PSP fanboi 'Yeah the PSP does have media, music, and even great games,' the PSP fanboi is going to nod his head in agreement then I'll come with 'The Nintendo 3DS can make you watch 3DTV show on wifi!!' then the PSP fanboi is going to be like 'Say Whaaaaaaa.....' then I'll be like '
yaynds.gif
'

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would be nice if a similar feature does get introduced over here.

Even non-3D, just streaming TV would be nice anyway.
wink.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I understand from what Nintendo said at E3 western audiences at least get 3D-movies (for example how to train your dragon) but this could also be kinda nice. Maybe something similar to Potcasts
wink.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good reason to import, nothing much to see in movies for the Western set, at least in the Japanese 3DS there's a high chance if not a guarantee of anime potential.

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow more and more news in the 3DS scene and this awesome handheld it's going to be one of the greatest lunches of the 21st century. Nintendo did a great play now and it seems like they really are in the way of Sony and Microsoft. Long live the 3DS. Want to buy it at lunch sounds like the must have to me. I hope they have at least some comedy shows or something in the Americas. I have my fingers crossed.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
squirrelman10 said:
Netflix hopefully can be ported to 3DS and be able to show movies that have 3D enhanced, not HD anymore but 3D

i wonder though if it can do HD movies

3 options

SD
HD
3D

to watch a movie

HD on a portable console is just stupid.

The only point for a portable to handle such a thing is if it could output to a TV, but from what we've seen, the 3DS doesn't look to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.