Strangest issue ever with a backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 7llusion, Mar 31, 2007.

1. 7llusion
    OP

7llusion GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    France
    Today I started burning most of my backups I had dumped to my hard-disk with rawdump or that I had downloaded, and all of them work(burned them on the same media, Tesco DVD+R).
    But when I insert Redsteel backup, the Wii blocks when it should recognise the disk and show the Redsteel logo, an error screen appears asking e to read the Wii manual and that the disk could not be read and the Wii freezes. I was thinking, people where talking about making the Wii freeze to run unsigned code, does anybody think that something will be possible with this?
    Illusion

2. WII20

WII20 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2007
    United States
    That just means that the disk is a bad burn. I think the wii first reads the Disc ID to display the image in the Wii Menu and when you actually go to play it, i it begins reading the game.

3. 7llusion
    OP

7llusion GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    France
    Wouldn't it just say disk unreadable as usual, something in this disk makes the wii freeze...
    Redsteel is a downloaded iso.(espalwii.com)

4. Xandu

Xandu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2007
    Egypt
    That's only Modchip errors, hard boot the Wii, it should work fine after that.

5. 7llusion
    OP

7llusion GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    France
    I've wasted 2dvd's by thinking that it was a bad burn, and xandu what do you mean by hard-boot, is it possible?
    Illusion
    PS:My wiikey does read originals and backups.

6. Xandu

Xandu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2007
    Egypt
    Hard boot = Fully shut down the Wii (RED LED)

7. StacMaster-S

StacMaster-S GBAtemp Fan

Mar 16, 2007
    United States
    Albany, NY
    Never count out the media... you may want to try picking up a few DVD-Rs of a different brand just in case.