Strangest computer-related thing ever witnessed

ouranogrammi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
After some long months of inactivity i decided to continue playing Luigi Mansion 3. My switch has been disconnected from power for months.
Tried to charge it a little bit, then connected to my computer, inserted the jig and held vol+ and pushed the power button. I injected Sxloader.bin (through TegraRcmGUI) as usual and i found my self in SXOS select screen (boot customfw / boot fw etc). I selected customFW as usual and all i got was a black screen with battery indication on top left corner. (My SXOS ver is 3.0.4)
I googled a little bit and i saw the "try to rewrite boot.dat on SD card" solution.
I had this problem like 6 months ago and i remembered that, this solution worked then.

So i got the SDcard on to my PC, and before rewriting SXOS 3.0.4 boot.dat file again i did a CRC the boot.dat file on the card and it was matching the CRC of the boot.dat on my SXOS 3.0.4 PC backup folder.
So there was no corruption
Still, I overwrited the file on the card, i booted my SXOS and ...problem gone.

So I don't need any help or support but i can't get my head around the fact that the boot.dat file on the SD was EXACTLY the same as the boot.dat file on my PC but i had to overwrite it to work.

How this is possible?!??!?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some long months of inactivity i decided to continue playing Luigi Mansion 3. My switch has been disconnected from power for months.
Tried to charge it a little bit, then connected to my computer, inserted the jig and held vol+ and pushed the power button. I injected Sxloader.bin (through TegraRcmGUI) as usual and i found my self in SXOS select screen (boot customfw / boot fw etc). I selected customFW as usual and all i got was a black screen with battery indication on top left corner. (My SXOS ver is 3.0.4)
I googled a little bit and i saw the "try to rewrite boot.dat on SD card" solution.
I had this problem like 6 months ago and i remembered that, this solution worked then.

So i got the SDcard on to my PC, and before rewriting SXOS 3.0.4 boot.dat file again i did a CRC the boot.dat file on the card and it was matching the CRC of the boot.dat on my SXOS 3.0.4 PC backup folder.
So there was no corruption
Still, I overwrited the file on the card, i booted my SXOS and ...problem gone.

So I don't need any help or support but i can't get my head around the fact that the boot.dat file on the SD was EXACTLY the same as the boot.dat file on my PC but i had to overwrite it to work.

sd corruption. is it exfat or fat32?

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's a faulty or slightly corrupted SD card, it happens from time to time, The files appear the same, but when you overwrote it with the new file it kinda updates where the data is stored thus avoided the corruption. Least that's my guess anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1