neocat

The GbaTemp 1337 Cat of D00M!!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.neocat.2ya.com
XP
Country
When I use the post new message/topic page, whenever I click on the html buttons (B, I, U, IMG, QUOTE, etc...) I get this message:
gbt-error.gif

This only started happening when the forum new look was introduced
What's wrong?

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That same thing happens to me too. It only seems to happen on my home computer, so I'm going to upgrade to MSIE 6 and see if that works, because I run 6 on my work computer.

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
very very strange!
i am using those buttons here and on my college's computers and they work fine (on XP )

i'll try to post this in invision power board forums,

ABC

DSEmu4848

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that u guyz might have Visual Studio - Visual Basic, C++, Java Pro, etc installed. Now that you computer supports the software to edit error it ask u everytime. So the problem is not with IE6, its u guyz havin either one or all of those programs installed. There is a way to block that from appearing, but i dont recall where it is, but there is an option, somewhere.

DSEmu4848

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually that is the problem, i just check on my other computer, which has the entire Visual Studio installed, i get the same error. When i try on this comp - the other one - it works fine! Phuzzz you might not have ne problems because u dont have the two major programming languages - Visual Basic/C++. Well, thats what i think, if thats not the problem, I dont know what is....

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually that is the problem, i just check on my other computer, which has the entire Visual Studio installed, i get the same error. When i try on this comp - the other one -Â it works fine! Phuzzz you might not have ne problems because u dont have the two major programming languages - Visual Basic/C++. Well, thats what i think, if thats not the problem, I dont know what is....
Ahh, ok. I guess that could make sense. We'll see if neocat has those programs.

Oh, hey! It IS neocat now, not coolcat. Finally got it changed, huh?

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
i think that there is somewhere an error in the reply php page,
i'll control it and find a way to fix it
smile.gif

don't worry just be patient
happy.gif

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually that is the problem, i just check on my other computer, which has the entire Visual Studio installed, i get the same error. When i try on this comp - the other one -Â it works fine! Phuzzz you might not have ne problems because u dont have the two major programming languages - Visual Basic/C++. Well, thats what i think, if thats not the problem, I dont know what is....
Ahh, ok. I guess that could make sense. We'll see if neocat has those programs.

Oh, hey! It IS neocat now, not coolcat. Finally got it changed, huh?
It's could be those alright. I never had any problem replying or editing my posts and I don't have those programs either. Perhaps TJ's school computer have those programs causing the same problem he mentioned.

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
the problem is not on those program they have installed , i am pretty sure about that, because if you rollover the mouse on the tag buttons you will notice an error in the lower left corner of the page "Done but with errors on page".
This mean that somwehere there's a slight error, that does not affect the functionalities of the site but it's still there, and i want oto discover it anf fix
smile.gif

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the problem is not on those program they have installed , i am pretty sure about that, because if you rollover the mouse on the tag buttons you will notice an error in the lower left corner of the page "Done but with errors on page".
This mean that somwehere there's a slight error, that does not affect the functionalities of the site but it's still there, and i want oto discover it anf fix
smile.gif
Hmm...I didn't notice it before. However, now that I think about it, when I press on one of those tag buttons, they don't work. This happens from time to time but not often, I just had to refresh the page for it to work.

neocat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.neocat.2ya.com
XP
Country
I don't have any of the programs installed but i have this debugger that came with Office XP
Whereas some other ppl might not have either visual basic or those other progs and they only see as kivan said:
QUOTE said:
lower left corner of the page "Done but with errors on page".

QUOTEOh, hey! It IS neocat now, not coolcat. Finally got it changed, huh?
Yeah finally. Thanks kiv

It's hard to type
every time i have to quote someone
frown.gif

P.S dunno if this helps kivan... when i accept debugging with microsoft script editor i see this (The yellow arrow is the "mistake")

error.gif

neocat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.neocat.2ya.com
XP
Country
Its probably a XP glitch, I would just enter them manually, thats what I do since half the time the buttons seem to not want to work at.
Well i have to enter them always manually because i know what each button do and type it but some ppl might not know what to type.

PS: most used ones are (remove the spaces)
OPEN TAG CLOSE TAG
bold [ b ] [ /b ]
italic [ i ] [ /i ]
underlined [ u ] [ /u ]
URL [ URL=http://www.whatever.com ] [ /URL ]
size [ size=14 ] [ /size ]
color [ color=red ] [ /color ]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all