Hardware Strange WiiKey Problem

d3ltr33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I'm having a really wierd problem. I installed a genuine wiikey in both my own and my friends 1st generation PAL Wii's.

We can both play Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and WarioWare:Smooth Moves perfectly fine.

Although while playing Pangya:Golf with style, PAL version, after finishing the first story line the credits are displayed and halfway thru the credits at the same spot everytime, the wii locks up and i get a disc read error. I've tried 6 times and get the same problem at the same point every single time. However my friend has no problem what-so-ever. I've tried re-burning the iso 4 times, and even used my friend's version and still get the problem. I've also tried with the disc read speed set at 3x and 6x. I can play every other aspect of the game fine, i just can't proceed past the first story line because it always locks during the credits.

Is this a problem with the wiikey or something else? I thought that the wiikey only operated when initially reading the disc?

Edit: Just realised i posted in the wrong forum, can a mod move it for me please?

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try using different media, different burn speeds. sounds like your laser is more sensitive. if you look around, i believe there's also a guide on how to calibrate the laser.

also, if your burner can perform disc quality scans, you should give that a go. a "good" disc should have max pie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good