Strange WiiKey Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by d3ltr33, Oct 27, 2007.

Oct 27, 2007

Strange WiiKey Problem by d3ltr33 at 9:08 AM (805 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. d3ltr33

Newcomer d3ltr33 Member

May 28, 2007
    Hey guys. I'm having a really wierd problem. I installed a genuine wiikey in both my own and my friends 1st generation PAL Wii's.

We can both play Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and WarioWare:Smooth Moves perfectly fine.

Although while playing Pangya:Golf with style, PAL version, after finishing the first story line the credits are displayed and halfway thru the credits at the same spot everytime, the wii locks up and i get a disc read error. I've tried 6 times and get the same problem at the same point every single time. However my friend has no problem what-so-ever. I've tried re-burning the iso 4 times, and even used my friend's version and still get the problem. I've also tried with the disc read speed set at 3x and 6x. I can play every other aspect of the game fine, i just can't proceed past the first story line because it always locks during the credits.

Is this a problem with the wiikey or something else? I thought that the wiikey only operated when initially reading the disc?

Edit: Just realised i posted in the wrong forum, can a mod move it for me please?
  2. ziddey

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    try using different media, different burn speeds. sounds like your laser is more sensitive. if you look around, i believe there's also a guide on how to calibrate the laser.

also, if your burner can perform disc quality scans, you should give that a go. a "good" disc should have max pie