Hacking Strange wii behavior

BuBBeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello my friends, after i get a corrupt system files message, i have downgraded system menu to 3.2U and upgraded to 4.1 using sys 4.0U and 4.1U upgrades from waninkoko, instaled ios 61 and everything else. My wii have wiikey.
Now on startup my wii flashes the blue drive light 3 times, one when i press the power buton, and two more 1 second after.
And the health warning screen takes about 7 seconds to show on screen.

Any ideias on what happened? Searched on google and don't find anything.
One more thing, my majoras mask don't install, give me error -1021
All the others wad install.

Thank you guys for the attention.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe you installed bootmii and your SD isn't supported ...?
If so, it's normal behavior of bootmii when no SD card found.

BuBBeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, i have, but my wii always boot on boot mii, so i put another SD without bootmii, is there a way to boot on sysmenu and not on bootmii?
I have preloader installed too

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
BuBBeR said:
Yes, i have, but my wii always boot on boot mii, so i put another SD without bootmii, is there a way to boot on sysmenu and not on bootmii?
That's what BootMii does when you don't have an SD card inserted or your SD isn't supported. What you can do is add the BootDelay line to it's config file. Make it "BootDelay=0" and it ought to autoboot the system menu. If you don't want it to do it immediately, you could do as I do and set it to like 3 or something like that. Enough time to get into it if I want to, but quick enough that the System Menu boots rather quickly. If you aren't sure how to set the BootDelay, use that BootMii config tool...you should be able to find a page for it on Wiibrew.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That Wad Manager error looks like you have a corrupted SD/file, try reformating the SD and then try again..!!
smile.gif

ayojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed BootMii as boot2 yesterday and backed up my NAND. I took all the BootMii files off my SD Card and it just loads to the System Menu as if BootMii was never installed in the first place, in other words, normally. My friend does this too and gets the same normal result. I think you have a Preloader bug or something because it integrates itself with the System Menu IOS.

Is it also normal if my Wii drive flashes 3 times like the OP's does? It's just a BootMii thing right?

BuBBeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
9th_Sage said:
BuBBeR said:
That's what BootMii does when you don't have an SD card inserted or your SD isn't supported. What you can do is add the BootDelay line to it's config file. Make it "BootDelay=0" and it ought to autoboot the system menu. If you don't want it to do it immediately, you could do as I do and set it to like 3 or something like that. Enough time to get into it if I want to, but quick enough that the System Menu boots rather quickly. If you aren't sure how to set the BootDelay, use that BootMii config tool...you should be able to find a page for it on Wiibrew.
So, just to be clear to me, this "problem" of blue light flash 3 times and slow system menu boot is because i don't have a SD card with the bootmii files on the sd slot?
and to boot first and faster to system menu rather than bootmii i have just to add "BootDelay=0" on the config file? just that?
i think the pre loader is working fine, at least is working just like aways...

thanks for the help so far, thank you

ayojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took BootMii files off my SD Card and it just loads to the System Menu. But I still get the 3 blink disc drive like BuBBeR. Is this normal?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
BuBBeR said:
So, just to be clear to me, this "problem" of blue light flash 3 times and slow system menu boot is because i don't have a SD card with the bootmii files on the sd slot?
and to boot first and faster to system menu rather than bootmii i have just to add "BootDelay=0" on the config file? just that?
i think the pre loader is working fine, at least is working just like aways...

thanks for the help so far, thank you
Well, the light flashing is BootMii's way of saying that it can't boot itself since there isn't an SD card or the SD card doesn't have the files BootMii wants on it. I don't think it slows down boot much anyway (maybe it's retrying the SD card?) but if you want to keep the card in at all times, BootDelay can make it so that by default it boots the System Menu with pretty much no delay.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not just the bootdelay line you have to edit.

There is one line that should say AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU. Remove the # sign before that and also remove it from before the BOOTDELAY=5 line. Then you can change the bootdelay number to 0 to directly autoboot or like 2 to boot after showing it for a bit. You can also use the bootmii configuration editor app if you're not sure how to properly edit the bootmii.ini file with a text editor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE