Strange sleep mode?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Lexal, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Lexal
    OP

Lexal Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2007
    When i take my DS to sleep mode, you know take the screens togheter, the lamp starts blinking really fast and a strange sound is cooming at the same time as the lamp and if i open the screens a little bit so the slepps mode still reamaning the screens are blinking really fast..:/ Why is it like this?

2. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

Oct 31, 2006
    South East London
    is your ds flashed? Thats normally the signs of a flashed ds trying to be put into sleep mode without a game in slot 1.

3. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    I concur with jaxxster. This is most likely your situation. You'd need something in your slot 1 be it a game, passcard 3, or a dummy card from ewin.

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Two of the pins in slot 1 need to be shorted together for sleep mode to work. It happens whether the DS is flashed or not.

If you have a slot 2 cart and a flashed DS with nothing in slot 1, that will cause the problem. If one of those pins is damaged or dirty, that can cause the problem even with a cart in slot 1. Dirty contacts or a bad fit on the slot 1 cart can also do it. Also, I think the Max Media Launcher does not short those pins, so it doesn't support sleep mode at all.

5. Lexal
    OP

Lexal Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2007
    My DS is not flashed and im using an R4.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice