Strange sleep mode?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Lexal, Apr 8, 2007.

Apr 8, 2007

Strange sleep mode? by Lexal at 8:02 PM (773 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Lexal
    OP

Newcomer Lexal Advanced Member

Sweden
    When i take my DS to sleep mode, you know take the screens togheter, the lamp starts blinking really fast and a strange sound is cooming at the same time as the lamp and if i open the screens a little bit so the slepps mode still reamaning the screens are blinking really fast..:/ Why is it like this?

2. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    is your ds flashed? Thats normally the signs of a flashed ds trying to be put into sleep mode without a game in slot 1.

3. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    I concur with jaxxster. This is most likely your situation. You'd need something in your slot 1 be it a game, passcard 3, or a dummy card from ewin.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Two of the pins in slot 1 need to be shorted together for sleep mode to work. It happens whether the DS is flashed or not.

If you have a slot 2 cart and a flashed DS with nothing in slot 1, that will cause the problem. If one of those pins is damaged or dirty, that can cause the problem even with a cart in slot 1. Dirty contacts or a bad fit on the slot 1 cart can also do it. Also, I think the Max Media Launcher does not short those pins, so it doesn't support sleep mode at all.

5. Lexal
    OP

Newcomer Lexal Advanced Member

Sweden
    My DS is not flashed and im using an R4.