Strange Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by --JoCa--, May 12, 2008.

May 12, 2008

Strange Question by --JoCa-- at 4:58 AM (1,228 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. --JoCa--
    OP

Member --JoCa-- GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Is there a way to burn and play a game on a wii without it being modded? Like, if you had the proper media/burner/material or something else, could you burn a copy that the Wii would read as a Wii Disc, without a modification? It may seem as a stupid question, but it is not... I'm not a noob and I have my modded wii alright, but something happenned that triggered my imagination: How could a boy play purple bottom SMG RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME on his unmodded Wii?? Furthermore, why would that SMG not give the 001 error on my Wii?? Really wierd indeed...

2. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Who says the Wii in question is unmodded? He is probably telling lies or doesn't know it is modded...

3. SleepingDragon

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It probably isn't

4. --JoCa--
    OP

Member --JoCa-- GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Well, the wii isn't modded 'cause I gave it to him and he openned it right in front of me... Besides, his father is against piracy and all of that... It's not only his Wii, but mine got no 001 error, and my wiifree doesn't bypass 001 error... and when we played it, there was no trucha... so the game was not modified too... It just picked my curiosity... Someone once said the 001 error is the game detecting empty space on the DVD (4.37GB ISOs and 4.7GB DVDs)... could that be the whole of it? The right size DVD would bypass the security on the Wii?

5. Arakon

Member Arakon GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    of course not. the 001 error is the modchip being detected for sending out bad patch data. that was fixed in later chip updates. nintendo weren't the smartest when it comes to security, but they aren't fucking stupid either. it's impossible to burn a disk that "just runs", no burner is capable of reproducing the barcode and other parts of the authentication.

6. dweirdo

Member dweirdo GBAtemp Regular

Lithuania
    if his dad is against piracy, how did he play PURPLE BOTTOM SMG IN FRONT OF YOUR EYEZ?