strange priiloader hacks problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by icebrg5, Dec 28, 2010.

Dec 28, 2010
  1. icebrg5
    OP

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    A guy brings me his wii that was modded by someone else because the disc channel is asking for updates when he puts in guitar hero warriors of rock.

I remod the system for him using the guide from this board and updated all his ios files to the ones in the 4.2 mod pack and i also installed all the latest cios files as well.Then i installed priiloader and did the block disc updates and block online updates and i try the game again in the disc channel and it works just fine and blocks the update,but when i insert his sd card that he uses for wiiflow/homebrew ext.. the disc channel block doesn't seem to work anyone and always show wii system update message.If i remove the sd card and then power the wii off/on without the sd card inserted the block works again but if the sd card is in there then it doesn't work.

I disabled all hacks and reinstalled the system menu wad and then reinstalled priiloader and all that just to see if that made a difference and it does not.The same problem is still happening.

Any ideas as to why having the sd card inserted is causing the block disc updates hack not to work?

2. chop

Member chop GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The only thing I can think of.
    Is there a hacks file on the SD card that it's reading from? if so delete it.

3. icebrg5
    OP

United States
    Already gave the guy back the wii and everything but ive talked to him and he is going to check it when he gets a chance.

I always thought hacks were "hard coded" into the system menu and it didn't matter if there was a hacks.ini on the sd card or not.

4. icebrg5
    OP

United States
    Forgot to mention

It's priiloader v4 on a 4.2U wii