Hacking Strange issue PS4 web browser no longer works suddenly.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you technically just overwrite the browser files rather than full FW installation?
I think those browser files are backed up with the DB and SG payload okay, but I've never had the need to inject them. As far as I know, there are two different FTP payloads only one of which gives you access to anything dangerous. I don't think that is one of those.

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the python script not work?
I think it worked for all the games, minus the order I had them arranged, plus any folders, homebrew, and possibly DLC.

Could you technically just overwrite the browser files rather than full FW installation?
The big problem I had was no access to the browser whatsoever, and thus no HEN or FTP.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know one of them at least gives you read access to the recovery menu self. you may not have write privileges on either of them, but I'm not sure. you can't even access the recovery menu on the ps3 with ftp as it's part of the core os. you only access to dev_flash1, which is the vflash of the ps3. I don't know if it works like that with the ps4, but I definitely wouldn't attempt to mess with the dangerous ftp payload. there was a vita r+w app for the vita that gave access to the dangerous partitions like vs0 and os0. vita shell might allow access now (not just read but write as well), but I've never been foolish enough to try something like that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think it worked for all the games, minus the order I had them arranged, plus any folders, homebrew, and possibly DLC.

I don't know how it works on the ps4, but on the vita, folders are part of the app.db. they're probably part of it on the ps4 as well, just the games are placed in limbo, where the only correction is making them appear. the vita uses page and position to determine where games go. if you have too many (over 100), those additional games are placed in limbo on the vita as well. I should see what the app.db looks like when that happens, but folders start on like page 20, while the normal pages on the screen start in single digits.

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the python script may have only restored the games on my system storage, and not external.

Regretting not reinstalling the update before I tried rebuilding the database.

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found an EXTERNAL py script, that indeed creates the icons for those games. Unfortunately they're incorrectly linked as INTERNAL SYSTEM storage, so they won't run and the PS4 thinks they're corrupted. Storage options reports no EXTERNAL apps installed, but the storage capacity reflects them still there, just incorrectly linked.

Edit: thanks again everyone for the help @godreborn @KiiWii @Leeful and others. I'm mostly back up again. My conspiracy theory is something got corrupted with the SM64 port. Oddly enough, something similar happened to my Switch (won't go into details) but ended with having to redo my SD card. I'd just been playing around with GTA III and.. you guessed it.. SM64 port. Perhaps a coincidence, but I never have these kind of issues... anyway..

Turns out.. after running the db_rebuilder script, just had to disconnect and reconnect ext USB drive and it automatically synced everything - no other scripts required. Only left with a couple minor issues, like some DLC missing, and having to reorganize everything again.

Last edited by simbin,

the_zodiac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necrobump!
I had the same problem today...
"Keep getting "There is not enough free system memory." no matter what I do. Clear cookies, cache, nothing works."
I am on firmware 9.00, so I reinstalled 9.00
My PS4 said that the database was corrupt, and it automatically rebuilt the database!
I lost all of my games that were installed, but I quit getting my original problem over and over again.
My games were on an external hard drive, so I figured formatting the hard drive couldn't hurt.
I noticed that with Night King Host 9.00, there's an option to backup and restore the database.
I think that I'll backup the database on a regular basis in case this happens again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: