Strange issue modding a Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gamecaptor, Mar 8, 2012.

Mar 8, 2012

Strange issue modding a Wii by gamecaptor at 6:14 AM (4,265 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. gamecaptor
    OP

Member gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    Hello all,

I’m running into an issue I’ve never seen before with trying to soft mod a Wii. So far I’ve install HBC v1.1.0 and BootMii (as an IOS only) via the LetterBomb exploit. I then installed IOS236 via the “IOS236 Installer v5 MOD”. I moved onto installing the Priiloader 236 Mod and here is where the weirdness sets in. The Wii Remote doesn’t respond. If I press enough of the buttons sometimes the sync lights at the bottom will just blink. This is in fact the case for any app that I launch under HBC. Ultimately I have to turn the Wii off as there is no way to back out whatever it is that I might be running.

Notice I didn’t mention that I made a backup of the NAND with BootMii before installing IOS236 :( That would be because I was greedy and stupid…but I digress….

So here is what I have. A Wii with HBC v1.1.0 (running under IOS58 v25.32), BootMii and ISO236, with no way to use the Wii Remote if I should launch anything in HBC.

I thought I would be clever and use the LetterBomb exploit to launch me into Multi-Mod Manager so I could try and drive in the other IOS, but alas, my cleverness was not so clever (i.e. I had the same problem).

Now, I WAS able to get Syscheck to work, but that’s only because if you leave it on the main screen long enough it will automatically run. So below is the log from that. You can clearly see it’s still pretty much a virgin Wii.

I’m stumped. Anyone had this issue before or any advice?

Thank you in advance

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. gamecaptor
    OP

Member gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
  3. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    sounds like the problem with the revised wimote plus
    search the forum for details

support for those is new

but last time i heared the bundled wiimote+ still were the old model
    if you have more than one, try them all

failing that you will have to wait for every single app to be updated (chances might be bad for some)
    or buy an old one