Hacking Strange issue after updating latest SX OS on 9.2.0

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: was able to workaround this issue by installing the problematic patch with "convert to standard crypto" option in SX Installer 3.0.0. but latest Tinfoil should work too.

Special Thanks to @Ranshiro for sharing the solution with me.

Updated 9.2.0 and 2.9.4 SX OS beta.
getting error with one nsp..

"The software was closed because an error occurred."
maxresdefault-jpg.168103

Custom XCI of same game works flawlessly. Strange, right?

Deleted title tickets in Tinfoil.
Reinstalled base game, or base game + older update = asks for newer update
Install base game + latest update = "The software was closed because an error occurred."

The game is Doom 1993 Classic.
Doom II is working.

Has anyone experienced something goofy like this before? I can't figure it out, thanks!

Last edited by simbin,

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What installer are you using? I ask because I've run into this issue when using SX Installer 3.02 but when I go back to SX Installer 3.01 and try the same thing, the problem is gone.

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What installer are you using? I ask because I've run into this issue when using SX Installer 3.02 but when I go back to SX Installer 3.01 and try the same thing, the problem is gone.

Built-in SX OS installer, but also tried Goldleaf.. Tinfoil doesn't work anymore.

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ok then download and try the SX Installer v3.01 (not the built in sxos installer) and give it a try. Just like you some things will give me the same error as you when using goldleaf, tinfoil, or sx installer v3.02 (never tried the built in installer), but those exact same things will work fine when using SX Installer v3.01

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Updated 9.2.0 and 2.9.4 SX OS beta.
getting error with one nsp..

"The software was closed because an error occurred."
maxresdefault-jpg.168103

Custom XCI of same game works flawlessly. Strange, right?

Deleted title tickets in Tinfoil.
Reinstalled base game, or base game + older update = asks for newer update
Install base game + latest update = "The software was closed because an error occurred."

The game is Doom 1993 Classic.
Doom II is working.

Has anyone experienced something goofy like this before? I can't figure it out, thanks!
Most likely a bad NSP. Try one from another source, or use one of the pirate shops.
You can also try another title installer, sometimes that can help.

D

Deleted User

That game if you remember had drm which required you to login online to a bethesda site. I had same problem. What is worse is when you switch to other xci or nsp you will receive same error. Little confusing. I used dev mode nsp to reset the game. Then my xci/nsp which patched the need for an online bethesda activation worked fine. Call me crazy i actually like the homebrew port better.

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That game if you remember had drm which required you to login online to a bethesda site. I had same problem. What is worse is when you switch to other xci or nsp you will receive same error. Little confusing. I used dev mode nsp to reset the game. Then my xci/nsp which patched the need for an online bethesda activation worked fine. Call me crazy i actually like the homebrew port better.
I was wondering about this. I remember using a custom save to bypass the login initially. Shouldn't be an issue now with 1.0.4 update. Strange thing is, I use a custom 1.0.4 XCI and the game works flawless, just not nsp.

D

Deleted User

I was wondering about this. I remember using a custom save to bypass the login initially. Shouldn't be an issue now with 1.0.4 update. Strange thing is, I use a custom 1.0.4 XCI and the game works flawless, just not nsp.

Yeah i mentioned that. Gotta delete data. Reset game with dev mode. Sorry to tell you.

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you need to reset the game this is the third time i am telling you.
Reset the base game and it works, however once I update to the latest version, I get "The software was closed because an error occurred." so back to where I started :(

D

Deleted User

Reset the base game and it works, however once I update to the latest version, I get "The software was closed because an error occurred." so back to where I started :(

i also explained this as well. Hopefully you can understand i have went through same issue. So I already went through this. Your update file must be patched. I mention this in my first post to you. If you cannot obtain patch update you can build it with nsc builder. Hope this helps.

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also explained this as well. Hopefully you can understand i have went through same issue. So I already went through this. Your update file must be patched. I mention this in my first post to you. If you cannot obtain patch update you can build it with nsc builder. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your help.. I'll look into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: