Gaming Strange input issue with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus

AlterEgo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having this problem when playing Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus, which is that seemingly randomly and with high frequency the game will not respond to a button press, such as directional movement with the D-Pad. It will be responding to input fine for a short time and then all of a sudden not respond for a single press, then continue working for a short time and so on. I find this very jarring. I have tried this both on emulator and my DS and the problem is present on both, so I know it's not a mechanical issue with the DS. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything that can be done to fix this or is it just how the game is? Thanks.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i just tried the game in my ds+dstwo , it barely happens to me :S i tried to move really fast for a while in the "enter ya name" i see it happened, but i had to keep going really quick to make it happen, but yeah i noticed sometimes it was like stuck (going to a menu wall) but does it bother that much?
either way, try the other region game, maybe it was fixed\changed (if ya playing in usa, try the europe one)
but anyway, i would count that issue is the way the game is...

AlterEgo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey migles, thanks for trying it out and confirming the issue. Since it's not just me that's having the problem, it seems to just be how the game is. Unfortunately it is a big deal for me, I find that when it happens it really takes me out of the game. I tried other regions (USA, EU) and they share the problem. Honestly I think it's a pretty big oversight on the part of the developers that the game was released like this. I'm also surprised that no one else has mentioned the issue before, at least not from what I could find. Anyway, it is what it is I suppose. Thanks for your help.

GentlemanPotato

Trophies
XP
Country
I played the entire game on my R4 with wood firmware years ago and it worked perfectly. Think it was the JPN rom as it has English language on it

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hey migles, thanks for trying it out and confirming the issue. Since it's not just me that's having the problem, it seems to just be how the game is. Unfortunately it is a big deal for me, I find that when it happens it really takes me out of the game. I tried other regions (USA, EU) and they share the problem. Honestly I think it's a pretty big oversight on the part of the developers that the game was released like this. I'm also surprised that no one else has mentioned the issue before, at least not from what I could find. Anyway, it is what it is I suppose. Thanks for your help.
while i did find the issue you mentioned, its something very minimal, didn't affect anything at all, might be you missclicking making it worse?
doesn't happen when walking the character, and it's just 1 key press like every 20+ or so and when i used the menu constantly and at a fast pace

try as what i mentioned, try other region game, might try the japan one, like user above said? sometimes theese issues are fixed\not present in other regions

can ya make a video of it in the ds? from what you are saying it seems something differnt that what i am experiencing because like i said, it is like 1 key press every 20 if i play in a fast pace..

try retrofan gamer updates, if its compatible with your flashcart
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...