Hardware Strange device found in Network

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the Network tab on my Windows 10 computer and found a weird device named D5 in it. I clicked on properties, and found that it is a Dolamee D5. It's an android box. I don't have any android boxes in my house. Serial number, unique identifier, and IP address are all unavailable, but it has a MAC address. I logged into the router and tried to find it under connected devices. There are 3 things listed as unknown, but none of them have the MAC address of the D5. Nothing has it's MAC address. However, I checked my mom's computer and the D5 won't show up in her network tab. What should I do now?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the Network tab on my Windows 10 computer and found a weird device named D5 in it. I clicked on properties, and found that it is a Dolamee D5. It's an android box. I don't have any android boxes in my house. Serial number, unique identifier, and IP address are all unavailable, but it has a MAC address. I logged into the router and tried to find it under connected devices. There are 3 things listed as unknown, but none of them have the MAC address of the D5. Nothing has it's MAC address. However, I checked my mom's computer and the D5 won't show up in her network tab. What should I do now?
Sounds like the neighbors are stealing your wifi

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've changed the wifi password and added the mac address of the D5 to a mac filtering list. It still appears in the network tab though. Should it be gone? Or will it stay, but nobody using it will get online because they're blocked?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one.
Do you have anything that plugs into a TV or anything (cable box or something), or indeed a tv with wifi or something? Many of those are built on android boxes and may have a radically different network names to the final product.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a cheap Chinese Android TV box

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_437700.html

This one in specific. Check all your network connections, see if you can ping it... If your router has no listing for it's IP then it is not being assigned one. One thing that is weird is that the device is showing up on your PC's local network and not in your router?

Does your router have any information for traffic monitoring? Like how many GB's each device has used for the month?

Edit: Of course this will not show up in your router if some one is using your PC's connection. Another place to check is Bluetooth networking. Although the device would have to be parked like 12 inches away from your PC (Like the other side of the wall in an apartment building.) Turn off your Bluetooth and see if it gets taken off your network list.

Edit 2: The Bluetooth thing kinda makes sense, I think there is no IP address's for Bluetooth and it works on MAC address's?

https://www.lifewire.com/definition-of-bluetooth-816260

Usually there would be some sort of pairing involved though.

Last edited by Psionic Roshambo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte