Strange Brick?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by return001, May 4, 2010.

May 4, 2010

Strange Brick? by return001 at 8:32 PM (1,482 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. return001
    OP

Newcomer return001 Newbie

Spain
    Hello,I know that this forum is english,I'm spanish,but I can speak english,I must to use my english for anything,this is the thing,if you can speak spanish,please speak to me in spanish,if you are english or american,speak to me in english,isn't a matter for me,I use my english for you,I don't use translaters.

I used the app "Title lister" (by bushing) for see my IOS STUB,the app don't work and I turn off my wii with the plug,my wii doesn't turn on more,I have wii 4.2E,with Bootmii boot2,CIOSX last version and Homebrew Channel,now,when I turn on my wii with the wiimote (the bluetooth is OK,but I can't synchronize the wiimote)my wii is ON,the button is green,It make sounds of boot,but in my TV doesn't appeared nothing,only this:
    [​IMG]
    The message is "SIN SEÑAL" (Is in spanish,the translate is NO SIGNAL)
    Is a very strange brick,I try the solution of BLACK BRICK,the recovery mode don't boot,is very very strange.

Please,I worked a lot to write this message,now you can give me the premium,it is the help for my,I WANT TO PLAY MONSTER HUNTER 3....xD

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u have bootmii as boot2... u will be fine

if u have a nand backup, try restoring that

if u dont, then u may want to use cboot2, but first try restoring your nand backup first

....also, r u sure u r syncing your remotes up properly? I once spent a day helping some1, and in the end, they weren't syncing the remotes properly (1) go to the wii system menu, 2) hit the red sync button on the wii (dont hold it), 3) hit the red sync button on the wiimote (dont hold it))

wii knee is probably right, just double check the video connection on your TV (ie. the yellow wire)

3. wii knee

Member wii knee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My suggestion:

unplug the wii power cable at both ends.
    leave unplugged for about 30 minutes.
    plug the power cable back into the wii
    plug the other end of power cable DIRECTLY to wall...not power bar or extension cord.

I bet this fixes it.

4. ismaelWii

Member ismaelWii GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I'm going to speak you in spanish:
    Si tienes bootmii en boot2, prepara la SD para que cargue BootMii.
    Si tienes bootmii en boot2, y aun así no te carga, estás jodido.
    Así de claro [​IMG]
    Saludos

5. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Please post in English as well

I have no problems with talking other languages if the OP isn't good in English as long as you provide an English translation [​IMG]

6. return001
    OP

Spain
    ok,I try the solution of wii knee,moderator,I'm sure to you understand my situation,I'm spanish,I want to stay in a english/american forum (the best)and there are spanish in it,if this spanish people want to speak to me,can you let them speak in spanish and put a traslate under of their messages

PD:Do you know the cause of this brick? Is a corruptionof the boot0,boot1 or boot2?

7. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    You can just PM them (use the little Mail icon under their posts) and talk in Spanish in PMs. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be against the rules.

Otherwise you can post in Spanish, but you have to place an English translation under every message (don't worry about your english, we appreciate every single effort! [​IMG]) so that the other members can understand what you're saying too.

Obviously try to not abuse this too much [​IMG]

8. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    It sounds like the AV cables(red, yellow and white cables) aren't plugged in properly try taking them out and putting them back in.

9. return001
    OP

Spain
    Hi,I try to power on my wii,and don't ocurred nothing new,I want to know,why the wiimote don't synchronize? I can turn on the wii with the wiimote,but I cannot synchronize it,what brick is the cause of it?

10. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Have you tried removing your SD card?

11. return001
    OP

Spain
    no,I try this,Why my wii mote don't syncrhonize? The bluetooth isn't bad,beecause I can turn on the wii with the wiimote

12. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    The reason i asked you to remove your SD card is that sometimes when you have bootmii installed on a SDHC it can give you a black screen on booting and wii motes dont load under bootmii

13. ismaelWii

Spain
    Sorry about speak Spanish in public, I know I shouldn’t do that.
    You said that you have BootMii/Boot2, so you can prepare the SD Card to test if it runs. Make sure that BootMii SD Files are not corrupted, some corrupted files in BootMii can cause the Wii to display nothing. I said you that because it’s very strange that Boot2 get corrupted by using Title Lister, and maybe it has corrupted the SysMenu and the files in SD Card. If this is the problem, the Wiimotes wouldn’t synchronize, Wii wouldn’t display any signal and if you remove the SD Card, it is the same.
    You can try cBoot2 to start Wad Manager, maybe it works.

14. return001
    OP

Spain
    Hello,MI WII IS UNBRICKED,the solution was disconnect the sd card,the bootmii is corrupted,THANKS FORUM,I use my english to stay in this forum,YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

15. ismaelWii

Spain
    Ok, nice. [​IMG]

16. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Yeah sometimes not bootmii but bootmii.ini file gets corrupted which results in wii not booting at all. Could it be that you used the sd saving title lister mod of mine? If yes then I should look into this sd card corruption issue...

ps: by the way, check bootmii.ini on the sd card (in bootmii folder) and see if it's truncated