Alcoholic Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I recently fully bricked my wii. I removed the system menu through a wad. (See: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154886)
But, I had BootMii installed so I was able to reinstall the system menu wad by recompiling wad manager to use a GC controller instead of the wiimote.

However, I still cannot boot the system menu. Probably because all system settings are deleted. When I open anyregion changer, it gives a -106 error at SYSCONF_Init();

So, is there any way to re-create this/these files?
Or, could someone explain me how to add tona's patches to libogc, so I can recompile anyregion changer to (maybe) fix these settings for me?

- I can still acces the HBC.
- My Wiimotes do NOT work with homebrew.
- My Wiimotes DO work with games.
- I can still boot games.
tongue.gif

- I don't have a good NAND dump.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
piratesmack said:
Damn that sucks

Well I have no idea if this can be used to help you, but I dumped my Wii's SYSCONF:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9bnq3oufn92

Thanks, might be able to just dump that one on my Wii.
smile.gif

But, I need to be able to edit anyregion changer's source code. Which requires a modified libOGC (tona's patches). And I don't know how to apply them.
frown.gif

Also, I don't know if the encryption is made with a key inside the sysmenu, if so I hope I did not delete that key. Otherwise, I'm quite screwed.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now, I installed a 3.3 system menu by editing waninkoko's downgrader, but, I get an error: "Could not retrieve current region code". Again, this points to corrupt SYSCONF/settings.txt files. So I started editing anyregion changer. I'm still editing it right now. But I get loads of errors when (re)writing the file, even if I ignore the read errors.
frown.gif

So, I need some serious help since I'm not a good programmer, and I don't know alot of the system menu structure.
I'll keep trying. Any hints/tips/help is still greatly appreciated.

WiiBlaster said:
Well hopefully you can get it fix, Maybe going on efnet #wiidev might find some good help there

Thanks. I'll have a look on it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night