Strange Bootimage since install of a9lh with luma3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by noX1609, Sep 3, 2016.

1. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Hi,

i have a Strange Bootimage since install of a9lh with luma3DS.

It stays for about 1-2 secound(s) and then the Screen turns black and Luma 3DS boots into Rednand.
    If i push the button to come into sysnand the image also appierce, so i thing it comes from bootctr9 or Luma3DS.

Hope you can help me find the image and tell me how i can change ist because the actuall are not so my flavoure ;)
    Already searched on other sites but found nothing with the same image, ownly i know now that its seperated into 2files for top and bottom. On luma you can change them easily but under the bootctr9 Options you can only set a parameter for 1 splash file but to use this i need two or not?

Would be very very thankfull for the info to which the actuali posted belong and then how i csn make my own and Change them on the console.

For Gaphic things i only use Potoshop because i got the packange extremly cheaper (14,95$ / month) for ALL Adobe Programs on Win and osx :)

Here a picture i made with my mobile Phone, all the pink elements are normaly red elements :)

IMG_0362.JPG

Last edited by noX1609, Sep 3, 2016
  2. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Did you follow a random youtube tutorial or something? Because with Plailect's Guide (which is the a9lh guide), you would know if you have a splash (since you'd have added it yourself). If so, an we have a link?
    I'd say you should just delete anything that looks like "splash" in the luma folder, but maybe the guide you used put the splash elsewhere.

3. AyanamiRei0

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

GBAtemp Patron
    AyanamiRei0 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    That's a custom boot screen if you want to remove it or change it remove or replace these files they should be in the Luma folder on root of the sd card

splash.bin
    splashbottom.bin

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And also if you are trying to find an splash screen you want to replace over that one

Go here https://splash.3dsthem.es/ and here https://gbatemp.net/threads/magikarp-custom-splash-screens-thread.410948/

And if you only want one screen being used just use splash.bin and not splashbottom.bin as that is for the bottom screen

Last edited by AyanamiRei0, Sep 3, 2016
  4. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    No i didnt, on such topics i don't trust youtube :)

I used this guide: https://github.com/LioMajor/Guide-v2/wiki

So you know it for sure that it's the two files in the Luma Folder? No that i delete something important. Because of this i also asked if tis cound be from bootctr9 or the a9lh hax itself.

5. AyanamiRei0

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    That's the boot screen I use with my 3DS as I am a big Evangelion fan and it just looks so damn cool when I downloaded it came with

splash.bin and splashbottom.bin

they should be in the luma folder if you are looking for them

6. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Ok thanks for the quick answer and great help and sorry if my english sometimes isn't good, i'm from germany and school is over for many years :) But as i see you understand me and thats the main part i think :)

So but i already have unopened questions:

1.) Do i habe to put my own boot splashes in the folder agsin when i do a luma update or do they not change?

2.) Which program can i use to edit the bin files or change their format into another one like jpg or so?

3.) Which program do i have to use to make a bin from the Image?

4.) Which Dimensions should the graphics have so the new 3ds xl has not to shrink-, cut- or it squeeze or convert it in any way.

My Console is a New Nintendo 3DS XL Hyrule Edition with 128GB SD Card, but non of this trash cards. The Sandisk extreme makes ~85-95 MB reading and about 60-70mb writing. Tested a shorter one from a friend and testet it with a Sandisk Ultra. The result was that the Ultra got 40-45MB read and 15-25MB write. Thats much worth the 20€ the Extreme kosts. (And yes i kow the 3DS can't approach this values, But it brings something :) The same Console (mine) boots up 2~3 sek faster with the extreme card :) Would like to test the extreme Pro but they are too overpriced at the moment. For my new 128GB i payed 54€, the extreme Pro would cost nearly 100€.

7. AyanamiRei0

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    Read the second link for on how to make the screens it gives all the info you need for making them and if you have any more questions feel free to pm me and I'll do my best to help you. https://gbatemp.net/threads/magikarp-custom-splash-screens-thread.410948/