Strange Behaviour Wii sound \ loading....

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by masher, Jun 17, 2011.

Jun 17, 2011
  1. masher
    OP

Newcomer masher Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help, i bought a wii and have softmodded it last night, it was running 3.4 so i just run bannerbomb on it.
    when i bought it i was told the dvd drive was tempermental, workded 3-4 times out of 10, which didnt bother me as i was going
    to run a usb loader from it anyways, so anyway last night it was working like a dream, then this morning i tried it as i turn it on
    the sound when in the system menu sounds like someone is crunching something, then when i load a game through a loader it
    dont work, tried about 30 mins later and the sound was back and ok and the game loaded.....very strange i am just wondering
    whether the disk drive can affect the sound in this way!!!!!!

2. masher
    OP

United Kingdom
    sorry to bump this, i have a theory, if i disconnect the dvd drive, will most of these problems go away, i have no need for a dvd drive anyways so if i disconnect it then i guess i may be ok...

i got a few errors, i.e a error has occured, please turn off wii,etc,etc.

3. Ryoku83

Member Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If I'm not mistaken the wii will not function without a disc drive. So simply disconnecting it wont help. You may need to look into replacing the drive. Don't know much about the wii hardware, someone else might be able to fill in the gaps for you =P

4. masher
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok think i will put up with it, it loads say 3-4 times out of ten so i am not too fussed.....