1. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    Yeah, "Zed" really fucks up the entire alphabet song, so I don't see why they even bother.

DS1 likes this.
  2. Sillybunnie

Sillybunnie Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i was going to try playing that one but never got around to it, was all the text in the right place? if i had known it would have taken this long i would have just started the japanese with the english text swapped in.

3. samcambolt270

samcambolt270 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There was some wonky placeholder text that didn't fit what you were interacting with occasionally, but for the most part, all the text was in the correct spots. It was impossible to actually read half of it, though, cause the text constantly went outside the text box. You honestly would have just as easy of a time doing it japanese half the time.

4. Ampersound

Ampersound Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    The music kinda sounds badly mixed, like too much compression.

5. Jayro

United States
    Regardless of the silly naming debacle, I've already played the two GBA games to death, and they were exactly the same. If they at least overhaul the mining mechanic in this, I might consider getting it.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Hopefully I'll be able to transfer the save file from the JP version - I've played many many hours of this and don't really want to start over.

7. Jayro

United States
    Might be difficult without a modded Switch, unless the saves are region-free.

8. bluedart

bluedart GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The mining mechanics are almost identical to the original. Down to the stair placement logic and what floors have what ore. Things stack up to 9 in this game however, and that includes restoratives you'll be bringing into the mine with you. Remember the save-scum-shuffle you had to do in the original? It's back. Apparently there's a mine elevator you can eventually unlock they added in a version after I got my hundred something hours out of it, so I'm looking forward to however that works.

TLDR: The mining is definitely more user-friendly, but the mechanics are mostly the same.

Jayro likes this.
  9. Jayro

United States
    That, I think I can live with. Because I'd spend most of my time grinding in the mine for mythril.

10. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

United States
    Sweet Animal Crossing 2 localization!

11. Sillybunnie

Sillybunnie Member
    Newcomer

United States
    oh so the formatting was all fixed and the other issues? I held back on playing the Japanese with the language files swapped but since its still over 2 months out, I might go look at it. Is there a link for the most updated file that fixes the formatting?

12. bluedart

bluedart GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Apparently it's not completely formatted correctly, just enough to fool me after booting it back up for an hour or so. The progress is here, but since it's not 100% I'll just wait for the English version to play it again. They've definitely fixed a lot of the formatting since I played it however. It still boggles my mind that the localization team already did all the work and just held it back for technically unspecified reasons. (I guess they were trying to trick us into playing that Doraemon crap?)

No Hamtaro DLC for them to 'conveniently' forget this time either. :D July 14th, here we come!

13. Sillybunnie

Sillybunnie Member
    Newcomer

United States
    thanks for the link oh i see its not 100%, i guess i waited this long I'll just wait. oh i never thought of that maybe thats why they delayed it to not hurt sales of the Doraemon tie in game. did that one come out early in Japan than here which is why they were fine releasing it when they did in japan? interesting its been this long to come out here even though they already had it translated.

14. hellothisisben90

Newcomer

United States
    I've already preordered. It'll be nice to not have to use patches to be gay :)

CactusMan likes this.
  15. ravenhimura

ravenhimura Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    is there any save editor yet for this game?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - American, confirms, Seasons