Stores in Hong Kong?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by MaHe, Oct 31, 2007.

Oct 31, 2007

Stores in Hong Kong? by MaHe at 3:33 PM (616 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. MaHe
    OP

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    My aunt just told me she is going on a bussiness trip to Hong Kong in two weeks. Since Hong Kong is practically a capital of electronic goods, I figured I'd ask her to buy me some things I wanted to buy anyways - I'll probably save some money this way. Anyways, I plan to get a Crimson Red DS Lite (since it's not for sale in Europe) and a CycloDS flashcard for it. [​IMG]

However, my question is: does anyone know any reliable stores she could go to (for instance, does SuperUFO has a retail store?)? Does she need to know any hints on avoiding the fakes/being ripped off? She also wants to get herself an iPod, how can she make sure it won't be a fake one?

Thanks for your answers! [​IMG]

2. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    I don't think China has genuine iPods

99% of what you will see will be clones.

3. blade85

Member blade85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    China does have genuine iPods, 99% of all you see will not all be clones

I dont see why you think they dont, just because you see some story in the news about how China has clones of things, it doesnt mean they dont have anything real Im sick of people thinking that China is full of fakes. Have you ever been to China and seen the stores? No you probably havent, so stop making generalizations based on what you see in the news

4. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Actually I have been to HK quite a few times. This was a while ago and I'm just basing my assumption off of experience.

And I don't watch the news. I don't even get TV [​IMG]