Hacking Store Installed VC and WiiWare on HDD/USB?

ViciousXUSMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious if there is a way to install and run the virtual console games and wiiware titles to a hard drive and use them from a usb loader rather than keep them on the wii memory.

Also when I first entered the scene all games were .wad files and installed as channels, but I think a friend of mine has like 100+ games that he can load directly from his SD card that are not channels and are .bin files but I could be mistaken. He cant run them anyways he gets a failure, but he swears it worked on a friends hacked wii.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They are working on it
Please be patient
smile.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
nand emulation on sd/hdd will come very soon
for now, you can use system menu 4.0/4.1 if you have a lot of wiiware/vc games you want to play

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ViciousXUSMC said:
I was curious if there is a way to install and run the virtual console games and wiiware titles to a hard drive and use them from a usb loader rather than keep them on the wii memory.

Also when I first entered the scene all games were .wad files and installed as channels, but I think a friend of mine has like 100+ games that he can load directly from his SD card that are not channels and are .bin files but I could be mistaken. He cant run them anyways he gets a failure, but he swears it worked on a friends hacked wii.
Currently, you can't run them straight from a HD. Nintendo offered a way to transfer installed Channels to the SD/SDHC in Menu 4.0

ViciousXUSMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the fast reply's, I understand the situation now.

So looks like I still need to locate the .wad files and install them, then I can move them into the SD card. Thats fine, Wii memory just runs out too fast.

chevygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any more news about installing vc and wiiware games to a hdd and playing them from an usb loader like wiiflow or something like that? I would like to be able to do this as well.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chevygirl said:
Is there any more news about installing vc and wiiware games to a hdd and playing them from an usb loader like wiiflow or something like that? I would like to be able to do this as well.

bump

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
not happening any time soon... but triiforce forwarder ISO's work just fine (so the triiforce games show up looking like any other game on your usb loader)... only requirement is fat32 hard drive, good nand dump, and the forwarder ISO and the game saved to your hard drive... i don't even think u need triiforce in the app directory for it to work... but I could be wrong on that last point

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
uloader can do this too? wow! does it read games from an emulated nand like triiforce? or does it read directly from the wad file (this doesn't sound possible to me...)

It's similar to Triiforce, but handles the shared contents differently. It doesn't play ".wads", it unpacks them first. You could in theory play wads, but you'd need to add a LOT of new code per game, this is why imho Waninkoko and Hermes both like the unpacked to files method.

With uLoader you get the choice of a few emulated nands, you can also save Wii games to SD/HDD and DLC is sort of working too now. Deffo worth having a read up on.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse