Hacking Stopping auto Updates once and for all!

Dumpster1973

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd love some help, can't find the exact scenario in other threads so here goes.

So i have a Switch with Hekate, Atmosphere and I recently restarted the mod process from scratch to go the EmuNand route. This means that Hekate gives me the option of loading EmuNand, or Modded Stock, or Stock. I'm sure I have "Auto Updates turned off in settings. However, the console says an update is ready for install. I accidentally clicked OK instead of Start Software and Updated.

No problem, I thought, I can simply recreate the emunand, and this worked, until I bloomin' accidentally updated again! And again! I'm a cack handed fool.

So I googled how to get rid of of the "System Update has been downloaded and I restarted in Maintenance mode (power and vol up and down all together) and this stopped the update message appearing on the system nand, but it still appears in the emunand.

How do i get rid of the "update ready" prompt on Emunand? Thank you.

Dumpster1973

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Setup Blawar's Incognito or use 90DNS to block Nintendo server communications.

Thank you! But I'd located that info by searching, and couldn't see if this solves the problem once the update has already downloaded and is ready to install. Would that still be the solution? Great news if it is! Thank you.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! But I'd located that info by searching, and couldn't see if this solves the problem once the update has already downloaded and is ready to install. Would that still be the solution? Great news if it is! Thank you.

It won't prompt you if you have 90DNS setup or config incognito correctly, just keep a copy of the prod info if you going go with the incognito route, 90DNS is hosted in France and Australia I believe, but keep it mind if 90DNS servers goes down your unit might download the update.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't prompt you if you have 90DNS setup or config incognito correctly, just keep a copy of the prod info if you going go with the incognito route, 90DNS is hosted in France and Australia I believe, but keep it mind if 90DNS servers goes down your unit might download the update.
OP Already has the update downloaded, hence the update nag. So at this point 90DNS or incognito won't help.

I'm fairly certain there are ways to delete the update, not quite sure how though

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP Already has the update downloaded, hence the update nag. So at this point 90DNS or incognito won't help.

I'm fairly certain there are ways to delete the update, not quite sure how though

He is currently using emunand , what he wanted was some suggestion to block future occurrence of Nintendo updates. What I gave him was just some options, nothing about his current setup.

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
he actually ask how to get rid of the nag he have right now, not how to block future update (but its still a good advice even if it doesnt answer his immediate question)

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! But I'd located that info by searching, and couldn't see if this solves the problem once the update has already downloaded and is ready to install. Would that still be the solution? Great news if it is! Thank you

1. turn off autorcm if you have it enabled.

1a. you can keep it on, but the timing to enter the button combination is really tight if you do.

2. Ensure the console is powered off.

If the console does not respond, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds to force it to shut down.

3. With the console powered off, press and hold down the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons, then press the POWER Button to turn the system on.

Keep holding down the volume buttons until the menu for Maintenance Mode appears.

4. Once in Maintenance Mode, hit the power button to turn off the system.

Do NOT choose any options!

credit: /HBG/

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is currently using emunand , what he wanted was some suggestion to block future occurrence of Nintendo updates. What I gave him was just some options, nothing about his current setup.
Again, OP ALREADY has the update nag, which means the update downloaded, so 90DNS wouldn't be the correct/complete answer because the update is already downloaded and waiting to be installed, hence the update nag OP is wanting to get rid of. So while your answer of setting up 90DNS will prevent future updates, the main problem currently is getting rid of the update nag from the currently downloaded update

So OP, follow the post above to enter maintenance mode which deletes the update, and be sure to set up 90DNS to prevent future updates.

Dumpster1973

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. turn off autorcm if you have it enabled.

1a. you can keep it on, but the timing to enter the button combination is really tight if you do.

2. Ensure the console is powered off.

If the console does not respond, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds to force it to shut down.

3. With the console powered off, press and hold down the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons, then press the POWER Button to turn the system on.

Keep holding down the volume buttons until the menu for Maintenance Mode appears.

4. Once in Maintenance Mode, hit the power button to turn off the system.

Do NOT choose any options!

credit: /HBG/

Thanks for that, - but I'd already done this (see the OP) and it solved the problem on the official stock firmware but I still get the nag on the Emunand firmware - this is why I did a new post, because I have not seen this specific version of the issue before.

Reactions: squiddybaby

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that, - but I'd already done this (see the OP) and it solved the problem on the official stock firmware but I still get the nag on the Emunand firmware - this is why I did a new post, because I have not seen this specific version of the issue before.
Boot to emuMMC, hold vol + and - when you see the white atmosphere logo. Supposedly that should boot maintenance mode for emuMMC. Or try holding the buttons right when you select the boot option in hekate if you use hekate

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: Dumpster1973

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs