I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Whoever is adding in entries to G-Online for the DS releases has constantly been using retarded genres for some games... Actually, many games. I rely on G-Online a lot for updating Rominator's database and sometimes it sucks to have to find out somewhere else what the genre is because some people are putting in pathetic entries. At first it was funny, but now it's annoying.

For example, some releases that suffer from this are:
Release #: Genre Listed:
2279 "Dat Phrog Is Crazeh!"
2277 "U Liek Teh Kittehs?"
2266 "Corey In Da House! Wutwut!"
2238 "Horsey Horse"
2228 "Furry Fun"
2213 "Piss Poor Representation Of Paint Ball"

And so on, and so forth. Need I go on?

Anyways, it's making G-Online look ugly that all of the genres are all over the place, and that there is no set standard for it. I think you guys should add Publishers to G-Online as well.

Thanks for hearing me rant
smile.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
couldn't agree more!

EDIT: Okay, these posts are forbidden... so I'll add to it:

I also think it is annoying, because sometimes I'd like to know the genre... Furry Fun.. okay is that a puzzle game with cats? or simulator? or an RPG?

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep em.
I'm tired of scrolling down to the bottom of the homepage and seeing shovelware shit. Atleast the genre makes it interesting.

woland84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Narin said:
woland84 said:
If it is possible maybe we could keep this genres in release threads and have normal in g-Online
I personally would rather have the real genre instead of a joke one. :/

Me too, but it's some kind of compromise: people who want to have accurate information can find it on g-online and those who think that fake genres for shovelware are funny will have their fun.

Just my 2 cents

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
woland84 said:
Narin said:
woland84 said:
If it is possible maybe we could keep this genres in release threads and have normal in g-Online
I personally would rather have the real genre instead of a joke one. :/
Me too, but it's some kind of compromise: people who want to have accurate information can find it on g-online and those who think that fake genres for shovelware are funny will have their fun.
This is an acceptable compromise as long as actual information is available somewhere. There's a local IT magazine, "BUG", supposedly "serious" and "professional", that keeps a huge software database on their DVDs, along with "descriptions" for every app. However, the descriptions are usually "a neat app you'll find really useful", "a lifesaver in a tight corner", or something along these (vague and uninformative) lines. Imagine trying to find software suggestions via their description. Imagine trying to find, say, registry cleaners, when half of such apps are filed under "gets rid of your mess" or "the universal untangler, highly recommended".

hate2.gif

Supah Eirian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As funny as it is, it makes the "Genre" of a game useless as a category when using the search function. Without order, there would be chaos. Without chaos, there would be no order.

Rominator rocks...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol