Stop the rumors: There is no PSP2 in the works!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 18, 2008.

Dec 18, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    "Time for another episode of "No Plans Watch"! This week, we feature Sony's John Koller, who takes recent reports that PSP2 games are already in development and does his best to pooh pooh them.

He says that numerous development sources have it all totally wrong! According to Koller, all Sony are doing is "pushing developers away from its "Universal Media Discs" and towards digital distribution of games via the PSP store". That's all!

In other words, Mr. Koller would like us all to believe that a number of developers who develop for the PSP could not differentiate between this 'push' and developing for an all-new handheld.

Not the strongest 'no plans' denial we've seen, then, but it gets points for its creative 'explanation'!"

Source

Sure, this doesn't totally de-confirm it, but it seems like there's a new PSP2 thread every day, so...

2. Mei-o

Member Mei-o Generic Asian Kidâ„¢

Japan
    I get really ticked off whenever I see a PSP2 thread, this would probably stop it for a while.

3. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    My daughter's best friend's father's cousin's wife's son's wife's cousin's friend who works at Sony says that they're making a PS2 Portable! [​IMG]

Yeah, I don't see PSP2 rumors stopping anytime soon.

4. Jeff88

Member Jeff88 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    People was doing this sort of threads back when there are rumors about DSi.

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    They were kinda true then. The DSi is not the succesor of the DS, just another remake.

So this can be true, but I really doubt it. I think the PSP2 won't be here till 2010, so it's way too early to be releasing the info that they are making it.

6. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    ok, this i hate.
    atleast untill they try something other than forcing me to get a credit card.

7. Legobot

Member Legobot GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Digital distribution would be fine if i could get my psp connected to the intenet and playstation store untill then ill stick with lego batman