Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Turtle said:
Trophy.
D:< I demand a CAPTCHA system be implemented immediatly!
Lol, you made a new account just for this?

I just checked it btw.
Trophy - registered Today (some minutes ago)

Ban him
smileipb2.png

j/k but don't create more accounts

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Turtle said:
Revolutionize said:
Turtle said:
I just went through the registration process, and I couldn't find a captcha system. :/
WHAR IS THIS ILLUSIVE CAPTCHACHACHACHACHA?! D:>
What is your second account? Tell me, nao!
Trophy.

This isn't something you can build in in some seconds.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MegaAce™ said:
Turtle said:
Revolutionize said:
Turtle said:
I just went through the registration process, and I couldn't find a captcha system. :/
WHAR IS THIS ILLUSIVE CAPTCHACHACHACHACHA?! D:>
What is your second account? Tell me, nao!
Trophy.

This isn't something you can build in in some seconds.

You could always use that reCaptcha service for captchas.
But there are always ways around that...
Decaptcher - $0.02 per captcha

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just checked myself (without completing the registration)
and indeed, no captcha (unless its on the next page)

which means one of these things:[*]I'm half blind[*]Its on the next page[*]Costello lied
frown.gif
[*]They removed it for some reason

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The spammer problem still comes from a software program, several of them are the root of the spam problem on the internet because they are constantly updated to bypass all forum security features. So in reality there isn't much we can do about it unless you make the automated registration process manual and authenticate every registered member manually instead of just getting an automatic email as soon as you sign up, plus making a larger number of required fields to be filled in when registering.

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I think that anyone who is not registered should only be able to see topic titles and not he topic content. As soon as they attempt to view the topic content, they should be instantly directed to the register page.
Sites that do this are incredibly fucking annoying. Wasting three minutes of your time registering an account just so you can read the one post you found on Google which may or may not have what you need is not something that endears people to a site.

Widespread spambots are only updated for CAPTCHA systems that are popular enough to be worth their time. Just mix up a shitty one of your own specific to this site and they'll fall for it.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
referencer said:
Rayder said:
I think that anyone who is not registered should only be able to see topic titles and not he topic content. As soon as they attempt to view the topic content, they should be instantly directed to the register page.
Sites that do this are incredibly fucking annoying. Wasting three minutes of your time registering an account just so you can read the one post you found on Google which may or may not have what you need is not something that endears people to a site.

Widespread spambots are only updated for CAPTCHA systems that are popular enough to be worth their time. Just mix up a shitty one of your own specific to this site and they'll fall for it.
Use Google Cached.
wink.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'll stand at the point I made a few years ago during a noob-flood starting with some populare game released. have a quiz! The site "way of the pixel / pixelation" had that before, where you had to read the rules, go to the next page and answer the quiz correctly to get in. That would help against "romz plz!" and even some "translejshun plz" noobs. Maybe not bots so much, but a captcha could help against that.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
Problem is that its hard enough to find staff we can trust as it is, look at what happened with JPH! I can see some members being predujice to certain new posts. We could have mods etc over seeing that they are approving posts properly but then that would kill the point of letting members do it taking the heat off us mods if we still have to check all the disapproved posts anyway?

We could have it so only staff can approve posts but that would be more hassle then just pressing our spambot button seeing we get shit tons on new posters each hour.

*think on*
I don't think having too little staff is the issue, it's having a staff member or two who are very good web programmers (ie, Narin when he was active).

We still need staff members like you for the dirty jobs, but you also need other staff members.

That's my 2 million dollars.

Hatsu said:
referencer said:
QUOTE(Rayder @ Sep 12 2009, 01:43 AM) I think that anyone who is not registered should only be able to see topic titles and not he topic content. As soon as they attempt to view the topic content, they should be instantly directed to the register page.

Use Google Cached.
wink.gif
Yeah, then you try to click on page 2.

Forcing users to register is a bad idea. You might just as well cut off registration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i almost destoryed my friends tv playing it on his wii lmao