Stop Spinning Disc with Preloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by edg0023, Sep 7, 2009.

Sep 7, 2009
  1. edg0023
    OP

Member edg0023 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi everyone,

I have the latest version of Preloader and if the wii is in standby mode, it will continue to spin the disc forever.

So has anyone found out how to stop the disc from spinning and have wiiconnect24 on at the same time?

Maybe there is a new hack file for preloader or a new version of preloader coming out shortly.

2. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    Never heard of this problem before. Only thing I can think of is just remove the disc or just turned off WiiConnect24.
    WC24 really is pretty worthless, and will constantly causes the Wii to generate heat, slowly degrading its parts.

3. pm_41

Member pm_41 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Under Preloader settings, enable the "Ignore Standby" setting. You won't be able to have WC24 anymore, but your Wii will be completely off (red light on the power button), thus the drive will stop spinning. [​IMG]

4. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Only way I've found is to not have WiiConnect24 enabled. It's not a huge loss really, plus is saves power to not have your Wii in standby all the time.

5. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Under Preloader settings, enable "Stop Disc". I'm pretty sure this will stop the disc from endlessly spinning without changing other settings.

BTW, is there an app for ignoring standby setting other than Preloader? I don't want to use Preloader, and some WC24 channels don't work with standby disabled.